Warburton's protein bread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radders

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
has anyone tried this? My OH got me some to try as I can't always get the Lidl high protein rolls. I tried a "thin" for breakfast with peanut butter in place of cereal. 14g carbs. Results inconclusive at the moment. It wasn't all that interesting, but I can imagine it would make good soldiers with a boiled egg, something I miss!
Btw I have not been able to get the small sized Burgen loaf but that is tasty and I think I might be too tempted to have more than one slice.

has anyone tried this? My OH got me some to try as I can't always get the Lidl high protein rolls. I tried a "thin" for breakfast with peanut butter in place of cereal. 14g carbs. Results inconclusive at the moment. It wasn't all that interesting, but I can imagine it would make good soldiers with a boiled egg, something I miss!
Btw I have not been able to get the small sized Burgen loaf but that is tasty and I think I might be too tempted to have more than one slice.
I haven't tried it, but I will now. Thanks for the 'heads up' mate.

Hi Radders...been using it now for just over a week now...a couple of slices at a time...numbers been in the low sevens last couple of days...got the freezer stuffed with several loaves...missed bread...

I'll have to look out for that when I go shopping friday.

Not heard of the protein but have used there Thins for the last few years!

Not heard of the protein but have used there Thins for the last few years!
Its new ( am I stating the obvious?)...saw it about ten days ago...carbs 9.3 per slice...and actually tastes like bread...worth a try Grovesy...

I am sticking with the Thins for time being, as I did try the Burgen for a while ok for blood sugars but after a few months started affecting my IBS!

Will look out for it. 🙂

Where stocks it? Havent seen it yet.

I'd be interested to know who stocks this too. Sounds ideal at 9.3 grams a slice with 2.3 grams being fibre.
We don't have a Co-op.

I'm going to search this one out.🙂

We have a Co-op, but no luck there or Waitrose.

We have a Co-op, but no luck there or Waitrose.
Hi pottersusan...just had a look...my Co-Op stock it here...although it seems to go pretty quickly...I grab a handful of loaves stuff some in the freezer...Morrisons are stocking it...just checked them they sell the whole range...try there...

My local tesco dont stock it yet. I'll keep on looking though

Hi pottersusan...just had a look...my Co-Op stock it here...although it seems to go pretty quickly...I grab a handful of loaves stuff some in the freezer...Morrisons are stocking it...just checked them they sell the whole range...try there...
Thanks. Will do next time I'm near a Morrisons.

My local tesco dont stock it yet. I'll keep on looking though
Hi Stitch...Co-OP have it...as do Morrisons and Asda...nothing from Tescos...Sainsburys or Waitrose...

No Co-op near me. I'll have to get the OH to drive to Asda or Morrisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back