Wallycorker's petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep great post Alison.

Wallycorker - you and I have no always seen eye to eye on some things (not often but has happened) but either you end up apologising or I do and that is an end to it.

PC never apologised to anyone, infact he fought harder and harder and was ruder and ruder with each post every time. I personally don't remember any good posts from him but I bow to your memory and am's, I only remember the bad ones as they far outweighed any good ones.

So I think the forum will be a better place without him.

Peter C was rude and lacked communication skills - which is fine, as lots of people are like this - but he never learnt by his mistakes and seemed to take pleasure in insulting people. He had very few 'informative' posts as lots of what he said was nonsense that he made up and couldnt actually show any links or proof that what he was saying had any truth - so he often embarrased himself and in the process upset a lot of people. It is a shame when someone is banned - but I very much doubt he was here for help or support - he had a much different agenda and this doesnt sit well with the majority of people. I wish you good health Peter C.🙂Bev

You could kind of forgive it once and maybe twice but over and over again he keps being rude and offensive.Anyway i think he would be the kind to love the fact we are giving him such attention on this thread .🙄

maybe it could be closed ...im sure wally wont mind 🙂

Type 2 - advice petition

I have just received notification of the result of a recent petition to the government about changing the advice given to T2:

http://www.hmg.gov.uk/epetition-responses/petition-view.aspx?epref=Diabetes-Advice

I get my strips etc no problems but my concern when I signed this was the advice regarding diet- particularly about carbs. I was surprised to read this - However, the Department of Health does not provide specific dietary advice to people with diabetes.

Well what a cop out! About time they did then!

Ehem. anyway...

I got an email today with the response to the petition:

http://www.hmg.gov.uk/epetition-responses/petition-view.aspx?epref=Diabetes-Advice

I think it's rubbish, avoids answering anything and doesn't even make sense...

Am I reading this wrong? Doesn't it say that if you are NOT on insulin or Sulfs then you should get strips? It's a badly written sentence.

SMBG should only be provided routinely to people with Type 2 diabetes who are not treated with insulin or sulphonylurea and where there is an agreed purpose or goal to testing.

i got the same ones aswell ..off for a good read !! 🙂 maybe we could start a new thread for this to be discussed ?

I think there's a misleading 'and' in it. I think it should read:

SMBG should only be provided routinely to people with Type 2 diabetes who are not treated with insulin or sulphonylurea, where there is an agreed purpose or goal to testing.

rather than

SMBG should only be provided routinely to people with Type 2 diabetes who are not treated with insulin or sulphonylurea and where there is an agreed purpose or goal to testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back