Walking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job😉

So my little legs take me 2250 ish steps a mile - others may be less a bit less tho!
thanks for this so I also have little legs, maybe similar to that, I can use this as a calculation tool

14185 Steps yesterday (6.17 Miles)

After a few drinks and a walk back from the pub (around a mile) I got these two results… did it twice as I thought it was an error…

60CD4DA5-E059-41BA-BC56-B22B075A51BB.png

After a few drinks and a walk back from the pub (around a mile) I got these two results… did it twice as I thought it was an error…

View attachment 23153
Yep, thats happened to me too - believe Alcohol can temp reduce BG levels (not sure why though) and also a light walk would have the same effect - I bet if you'd have tested 40 mins later it would have been back up to normal levels... 😉

Liver stops producing glucose as its busy processing alcohol! I was fast sleep 40 minutes later. 🙂 Generally goes low when I walk back from the pub, and walk in general, but not seen it go this low before. I had a few beers as well - first beers i’ve drunk since diagnosis.

it usually takes about 15 minutes to get back up to five (Info gleaned from when I used a libre) when walking/running.

Just back in from our walk. Set off at 8am. Just over 20k steps 7.5 miles, 48 floors. Because I am a short a**e I do little steps when I am going up! Very enjoyable, we’ve had sunshine and fantastic views. Have done my stretches, very important, and going to chill for the rest of the day.

Attachments

• E910D23E-60DE-4DEB-BED6-E9FC8A7CECE8.jpeg
    E910D23E-60DE-4DEB-BED6-E9FC8A7CECE8.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 7EDF9CB9-6C95-43B6-92B6-9A8505E1DE79.jpeg
    7EDF9CB9-6C95-43B6-92B6-9A8505E1DE79.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4
18,914 steps for me today so far. Will be couch potatoing shortly, so may just manage to hit 19k before bedtime

Where are we going from and to?

Last edited:
I did 18,000 steps yesterday - early hours walking back from the pub, then a walk back into the city centre and back again during the day.

All the leg aches and pains I was suffering last year have gone now! (Which is what led to my diagnosis.)

114 miles (rounded up) maybe higher as only calculated the ones who said the miles or coverted the steps, can someone choose a starting point and then we can work out how far we travelled this week 🙂

Was only going to do a little wander today but ended up doing 14,200 steps, 4.5 miles, 51 floors! Phew! Maybe quieter day tomorrow!

114 miles (rounded up) maybe higher as only calculated the ones who said the miles or coverted the steps, can someone choose a starting point and then we can work out how far we travelled this week 🙂
Sounds about right 😉

How about Big Ben?

OK starting from Big Ben then we have now made it to Birmingham this week

OK starting from Big Ben then we have now made it to Birmingham this week
:D Wow, half way up the country! - looks like we’ll need to catch a ferry at this rate!:D

Friday 9,446
Saturday 8,966
Sunday (so far!) 7,443

Sat on a stall in a Christmas Market Sat and Sun, so not really much chance to move about!

I just noticed on Saturday when I went out with my son to eat and then walked to the pub, I did 7500 steps between 6pm and 10pm, seems we spent more time on our feet walking than eating and drinking 🙂

I just noticed on Saturday when I went out with my son to eat and then walked to the pub, I did 7500 steps between 6pm and 10pm, seems we spent more time on our feet walking than eating and drinking 🙂
There you go see! Burnt a few Cals and you didn’t even notice :D

There you go see! Burnt a few Cals and you didn’t even notice :D
Yes, I still gained a pound though, although havent weighed today so it may have been one of those normal fluctuations in weight you get with fluid etc. My son loves walking, he himself lost 5 stone last year (although he never looked fat) he goes to the gym 5 times a week, but he was diagnosed with a fatty liver so he took it on himself to change his diet, he looks incredibly lean and he was asked his age in the pub (he is 33!) he loves walking too so he left the car at home so he could have a pint and we walked everywhere

18,914 steps for me today so far. Will be couch potatoing shortly, so may just manage to hit 19k before bedtime
thats an incredible amount of steps @Vonny I feel exhausted thinking about it, do you walk to a place you need to be or is it random walking to increase your steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back