Update For Those That Read My Last Post About A House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy some fabric and a staple gun and reupholster it 🙂 Or buy some covers to go over it a lot cheaper than replacing the sofa 🙂
It really is way beyond its best, he's had it himself for 10 years and no idea how long the previous owner had had it, it wasn't even comfortable the last time I sat on it and that was years ago

We've ordered a new one last night xx

Hey @Kaylz
I am so excited for you but I sense some frustration. Unfortunately, in my experience this is common when moving - there has to be a reason why house moving is always mentioned as one of the most stressful activities.
I hope it doesn't take too long to get what you need sorted and you can enjoy the bliss of your new home.

I still remember my first new place and the "fun" of furnishing it.
I had a coffee table to eat off, floor cushions to sit in and a mattress to sleep on. Much to my Mum's disappointment. luxury like bed and sofa came some months later when I had saved enough money and found what I liked.
More important than the cushions and mattress I had music. I could never have coped without my toons.

Last edited:
Forgot to post the bed here so here it is
received_812370760122609.jpeg

Cooker and fridge freezer have also now been ordered
Xx

Good to read how you are gradually getting settled in and finding what you need.
very excited for you @Kaylz

Good to read how you are gradually getting settled in and finding what you need.
very excited for you @Kaylz
Settling in is still to come, neither of us are living there yet, Bruce has to pay rent on his flat until the end of his 28 day notice which is the 19th September so there is no rush to get in so we can have things done right for when we do xx

Settling in is still to come, neither of us are living there yet, Bruce has to pay rent on his flat until the end of his 28 day notice which is the 19th September so there is no rush to get in so we can have things done right for when we do xx
That’s a lovely position to be in, rather than having to rush things.
Are you going to have a ribbon cutting ceremony on 19 Sep?
We did it when we managed to get our first room liveable in, and all dressed up proper smart, and had a formal cutting of the ribbon. Great fun.

Enjoy your preparations for the big day.

@SB2015 I'm not sure Bruce sees it as that with having 2 rents to pay for a month and I don't either, I don't have that burden but I don't see it as right

I'm not sure I'll be moving in the same day as him, the stuff I had for packing my things I told Bruce to use so I don't have anything at the moment but no that's not something we'd be doing really xx

Luv the bed, classy. 🙂

Hope the move-in goes well when it comes around @Kaylz

Exciting times (if a bit stressful). Great ‘remember when’ memories you are making though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back