Update For Those That Read My Last Post About A House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant news, so pleased for you. Hope you have a spare room for all your forum friends to come and visit you.
technically we could have 2 spare rooms lol, there's a spare bedroom (for now) and there's also a separate room we could use as a dining area downstairs that could be used for any lot haha xx

So good to hear of you branching out and moving into your own place with Bruce at last. I remember you joining the site and am so pleased things are looking up for you Kaylz. Hope it’s a happy, peaceful home 🙂

So good to hear of you branching out and moving into your own place with Bruce at last. I remember you joining the site and am so pleased things are looking up for you Kaylz. Hope it’s a happy, peaceful home 🙂
Thank you Amigo 🙂 we've been on the new system for almost 2 years and been close numerous times but this is our time and it's a lovely house, I'll show you all when we've moved in 🙂 (at least 2 carpets have gone down today) xx

I am so pleased for you, that is great news. I wish you very many happy years in your new home xxoo 🙂

We've ordered a bed tonight

Here's a peek at out carpet xx
received_409525701280385.jpeg

So pleased to hear things are going well, enjoy your new home 🙂

Money saving tip if you need any rugs go look in the charity shops as quite often there are brand new rugs all nicely wrapped and ready to come home with you.
Same with furniture, managed to furnish my whole home for less than £300 using the charity shops and best of all for a small fee they deliver as well.

@Pumper_Sue thank you! Sadly thre 3 charity shops in our town don't stock furniture as they don't have the room (mum's worked in 2 of them that's how I know for certain),it's only a fridge freezer and sofas we need to buy ourselves now as we're being gifted a cooker xx

@Pumper_Sue thank you! Sadly thre 3 charity shops in our town don't stock furniture as they don't have the room (mum's worked in 2 of them that's how I know for certain),it's only a fridge freezer and sofas we need to buy ourselves now as we're being gifted a cooker xx
I'm not sure if you're on Olio, but local to me I've seen a few sofas offered recently in non-food (some in better condition than others!)

Absolutely delighted for you both. Hope it is a very happy home for you.
Stair carpet looks fab!

I don't know if you have Trash Nothing locally, @Kaylz . It is just as it suggests.

There are regularly great things on there, including several IKEA units this morning, cited as immaculate.

I posted on our local village Facebook page yesterday, offering a large airer/dryer we never use, to get it out of the garage. It was collected within the hour!

I wonder if you have anything similar nearby.

Echoing the others, I use Freecycle a lot locally and they often have sofas up for grabs, as well as loads of other interesting things. You can also post “Wanted….” for anything you need. Having just downsized myself I got rid of loads of perfectly useable stuff on Freecycle, so would definitely recommend you search online for any similar types of sites in your locality. You may have to hire or borrow a van to collect stuff though!

and I am so happy for you both to have finally got there !!!
B

Absolutely delighted for you both. Hope it is a very happy home for you.
Stair carpet looks fab!
Thank you, its the same carpet throughout the house with only the landing and top stair, bottom 2 stairs and small strip between the kitchen and a storage area and the room we could use as a dining room or whatever left to carpet as it's all got underlay down already xx

Thanks guys, unfortunately my OCD won't allow us to have a 2nd hand sofa as we want fabric so not able to clean it as you would a leather, we don't need units or that as Bruce already has those which are obviously good condition but his sofas were 2nd hand amd the cat in its previous house had damaged them already so that needs to be renewed and his fridge doesn't have door guards or anything as it was also 2nd hand and didn't come with them so that is needed due to storage of my insulin as I'm not having it fall out every time the door is opened lol xx

but his sofas were 2nd hand amd the cat in its previous house had damaged them already so that needs to be renewed
Buy some fabric and a staple gun and reupholster it 🙂 Or buy some covers to go over it a lot cheaper than replacing the sofa 🙂

The fridge part of every fridge or f/f I have ever owned (since 1972) at least the top 'shelf' in the door thereof, has had a retainer along the inside edge, quite deep enough to retain insulin and must be at the right temperature else presumably I'd be long dead! Before fridges had those, the top 'shelf' was shaped to contain eggs (I know I know but 50 years ago they always said to keep em in the fridge) and as they hadn't yet invented pens or cartridges, a 10ml vial (in its box) happily and perfectly safely nestled in the space for one egg.

@Kaylz , locally, we often have businesses advertising for upholstery (and carpets etc.) cleaning, at very reasonable prices. Having seen the results, the pieces look like new after they've been at them. ~~Would that be something you could consider?

(That said, again, when I moved into my second house, once the cement mixer went from the lounge, my furniture was a garden chair and a wooden packing case for a while. That house was such an adventure.........)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back