Update For Those That Read My Last Post About A House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So as a lot of you know we viewed a house on the 20th July and we accepted it, finally yesterday we signed the papers and got the keys! We were due to meet the housing officer at the house at 2pm so left at 1:20pm and got there 10 minutes early and he was already there unlocking the door, we spoke to him for quite some time then had a good look around, Bruce's dad then drove past so Bruce phoned him and asked if he wanted a look around, by the time he had left it was around 3:50pm and I didn't see it fair on Bruce to walk down the road with me and then go back up so we had a wee wander and swung by his mum and dads, the carpet lad was due to measure around 5pm but he phoned early and said he was just leaving a neighbouring town so we had to hot foot it back to our place (feels weird saying that), we finally got back to my mums around 5:40pm and I was absolutely starving and dehydrated (hadn't eaten or drank since 7:20am), carpets = expensive! 😱 Here's a pic of me looking out of our landing window lol xx

Attachments

• landing window.jpeg
    landing window.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 35
Congratulations! It’s a big deal for anyone to be able to buy a house with the cost of them.
Huge achievement. Well done x

Congratulations! It’s a big deal for anyone to be able to buy a house with the cost of them.
Huge achievement. Well done x
Sadly it's not bought, it's a council property but we've been trying for about 2 years now so it's massive to us xx

Wow, I'm so happy for you @Kaylz! Now you two love-birds can...well, you know, do whatever you like, in the privacy of your OWN home. Woo-hoo! 🙂 :D
Thank you xx

Sadly it's not bought, it's a council property but we've been trying for about 2 years now so it's massive to us xx
Oh sorry for the mistake.
Still it’s a huge achievement. There’s no council houses at all anymore.
Keep hold of it. Your new home 🙂

I am so happy for you @Kaylz
Having a secure and private home is so important.
We had been renting our house for 11 years privately and then our landlady decided to sell out from under us and it was a very scary time until we managed to find a way to get a mortgage and buy it for ourselves and the release of stress once we knew we would not be made homeless was incredible.
A good council house is like winning the lottery in many ways.
May you have many happy years in your new home and I hope you will find having a settled home you can tailor to suit your needs will be as big an improvement to your quality of life as it has been for me.

Wonderful news @Kaylz.

When I bought my second house, I had several empty rooms for a while, and lived with a cement mixer in the lounge whilst work was being done. I look back on those days with really warm feelings.

All I will say is, if you have empty rooms, they won't be long. Not many have a bespoke ironing room (and I certainly don't any more!). Just don't forget you can close the doors on those rooms. There's more to life that deep pile carpets.

Enjoy your new life together. These are special times.

Ah what lovely news @Kaylz

I hope you have many happy years there - what an exciting new chapter for you both 🙂

I'm sooo delighted for you <3

check out your local carpet places armed with measurements. Roll ends and offcuts might be your friend here 😉

Brilliant news, so pleased for you. Hope you have a spare room for all your forum friends to come and visit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back