Type 3c - can it go into remission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last wee comment. You'd think we'd need more insulin with a damaged pancreas not less - especially those like proud to be erratic with no pancreas at all. Anyone know why that is ?
Nanette, a rather less flippant response is that it is to do with each person's natural insulin resistance. We see periodically posts from T2s who almost by definition are diagnosed as T2 because they make ample insulin but their body's resist their insulin and their BG steadily gets too high. Their treatment moves from oral meds to becoming insulin dependent. Their insulin doses can be extraordinarily large.

Early this morning there was a post titled "Insulin resistant" from Laura019, a 24 yr old lady who is T1 and needs massive insulin doses. Diagnosed some 12 years ago; read back over her c.25 posts and see how long this has been going on and how, even on increased strength insulins, this has remained a real and huge challenge for her. It makes me appreciate that my daily hassles are trivial in relation to some others and just how well I'm supported from OCDEM. It doesn't fully answer your question, ie why is insulin resistance so different amongst us. But does reveal that its treatment can be varied and not fully successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back