Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saff is taking metformin and has taken gliclazide. Is that because you do not consider these medications to be a treatment for diabetes? If that is the case, you will be on a very lonely path.
Neither makes any impression on Type 2 Diabetes itself. They are designed and used to ameliorate the symptoms not treat the condition i e. Intended to keep Type 2 Diabetes going in a manageable form. In the present state of knowledge T2 is untreatable.

5years, diabetic nurse said it’s gliclazide xx
Were you taking gliazide when you got the readings in the 4s after meals? My answers would have been very different if you’d said that at the start, I thought you only take metformin.

Were you taking gliazide when you got the readings in the 4s after meals? My answers would have been very different if you’d said that at the start, I thought you only take metformin.
Yes sorry I should of said, I’ve stopped gliclazide n my reading r better x

Yes sorry I should of said, I’ve stopped gliclazide n my reading r better x
What do you mean by better? 4s and 5s are good readings, if you are now back up to 8s and above that is not so good.

Neither makes any impression on Type 2 Diabetes itself. They are designed and used to ameliorate the symptoms not treat the condition i e. Intended to keep Type 2 Diabetes going in a manageable form. In the present state of knowledge T2 is untreatable.
I’m taking Metformin n have been told stop gliclazide which I have n reading better

12 is not good. What have you eaten for lunch?

4s and 5s were good, 12 isn’t really, it’s worse not better. Maybe you needed the gliclazide, what dose did you take? Could you have just taken a smaller dose whilst you got used to normal blood sugars.

4s and 5s were good, 12 isn’t really, it’s worse not better. Maybe you needed the gliclazide, what dose did you take? Could you have just taken a smaller dose whilst you got used to normal blood sugars.
Yes, that was my thoughts too. The alternative is to cut the carbs like toast and biscuits from your diet.
Sorry to hear that you have been going through grief. I know it isn't easy, but it is important to look after yourself.

I see where you are coming from but I think that although your definition of treatable is precise and technically accurate, most users of this forum would use the word treatable in a broader context and include management of symptoms, especially if it reduces the risk of long term harm coming from the underlying cause, as a treatment. As such simple statements like "T2 diabetes is untreatable" without any context are not that helpful to most members or newbies.

I have a lot of sympathy for the points you are trying to make but I despair a little at the way you go about things. I don't think it is very persuasive or informative when used in a forum of this type.

Yes, that was my thoughts too. The alternative is to cut the carbs like toast and biscuits from your diet.
Sorry to hear that you have been going through grief. I know it isn't easy, but it is important to look after yourself.
Thank you x

I see where you are coming from but I think that although your definition of treatable is precise and technically accurate, most users of this forum would use the word treatable in a broader context and include management of symptoms, especially if it reduces the risk of long term harm coming from the underlying cause, as a treatment. As such simple statements like "T2 diabetes is untreatable" without any context are not that helpful to most members or newbies.

I have a lot of sympathy for the points you are trying to make but I despair a little at the way you go about things. I don't think it is very persuasive or informative when used in a forum of this type.
I never said it’s untreatable

I’m going docs so I’ll see what he says x

I’m going docs so I’ll see what he says x

Hopefully your wobbly feelings when your BGs are in range will begin to ease off as you spend more time in single figures @Saff

As others have said, it can just be that your body is use to running higher than is good for you, so just keep trying to aim for single figures (perhaps 7s, 8s, and 9s to start with?) while your ‘glucose thermostat’ resets itself 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back