Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I’m having problems keeping sugar levels up even after eating, I’m eating a lot but still going down .x

Er, what treatment do you use for your diabetes?

Hi I’m having problems keeping sugar levels up even after eating, I’m eating a lot but still going down .x

@Saff How much are they going down? What’s the lowest result you’re getting?

4.x isn’t low, that’s ok. But how long after eating do you see the 4.x and what medications are you on?

Metformin x
Ah this came through just as I wrote the last reply. You don’t need to worry about having dangerous low blood sugars on just metformin, and 4.x isn’t low.

Is there a reason the 4s worry you? Why are you trying to get them higher?

4.x isn’t low, that’s ok. But how long after eating do you see the 4.x and what medications are you on?
It’s low for me, my levels normally high, I’m on Metformin, I can have hypo at 7 x

Ah this came through just as I wrote the last reply. You don’t need to worry about having dangerous low blood sugars on just metformin, and 4.x isn’t low.

Is there a reason the 4s worry you? Why are you trying to get them higher?
I feel hypo at 4 x

I’m fighting all time keep levels up x
I think that the situation is something for your GP as low BG when taking just Metformin is not consistent with type 2.
Maybe look up RH - reactive hypoglycaemia and see if that is familiar?

It’s low for me, my levels normally high, I’m on Metformin, I can have hypo at 7 x
You aren’t having hypos at 7.x, because that is not hypo. You just need to get used to having normal blood sugars. If you stop trying to make them go higher and actually let your body stay at these levels you’ll get used to them soon enough. 4 and 7 are both perfectly normal blood sugars.

I think that the situation is something for your GP as low BG when taking just Metformin is not consistent with type 2.
Maybe look up RH - reactive hypoglycaemia and see if that is familiar?
They aren’t actually having hypos though, they’re just not used to normal bgs

Thank you , I’m getting really anxious about it, maybe over thinking lol xx

They aren’t actually having hypos though, they’re just not used to normal bgs
It still seems unusual if someone is eating a lot to be seeing such low numbers.

@Saff - what are you eating to try to raise your BG numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back