Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Wasn't sure where to post this

So something been wrong with me for the past month now. Doctors plus a trip to a and e while on holiday yesterday(its was that bad) can't work out. I know some other auto immune conditions you can more likely to develop with type 1 diabeties(aparttly I should have been tested for cerlic diasese at diagnosis but dont know if I was,). I was just wondering if anyone else had experience of any other auto immune conditions?

Yes they often go hand in hand, I had a couple prior to My type 1 diagnosis, Thyroid Eye Disease and I did have Graves Disease prior to having my thyroid removed.

Yes they often go hand in hand, I had a couple prior to My type 1 diagnosis, Thyroid Eye Disease and I did have Graves Disease prior to having my thyroid removed.
Yeah my sister has cerllic diseaseee but there's one symptom that I have that doesn't match that. Others kind of do.

I'm only thinking perhaps perhaps there's another thing going on because things aren't improving.

Last edited:
I had hyperthyroidism 21 years ago that was treated with radioactive iodine, I am only recently diagnosed as type 1 LADA, when I asked the consultant if it was related to the thyroid problems he said without doubt but it's normally the other way round i.e. diabetes first then autoimmune problems! The oncologist I saw for the iodine treatment told me that they know very little about the interaction of the endocrine network.

Yeah my sister always has cerllic diseaseee but there's one symptom that I have that doesn't match thet. Others kind of do.

I'm only thinking perhaps perhaps there's another thing going on because things aren't improving.
I think symptoms can vary between people but avoiding foods with gluten should help and although it is wheat that most people think of there are lots of foods which have gluten some you wouldn't normally think of. Much better information is available now about what foods do. The coeliac society have produced a comprehensive list as it can even come down to particular brands of things like coffee.

I think symptoms can vary between people but avoiding foods with gluten should help and although it is wheat that most people think of there are lots of foods which have gluten some you wouldn't normally think of. Much better information is available now about what foods do. The coeliac society have produced a comprehensive list as it can even come down to particular brands of things like coffee.
Yes probably need to ask for test first because apartelly if you stop eating gotten before you get tested it can come back as a false negative but can pain in my sides really be a symptom. That what I meant there was one symptom that didn't match the list of symptoms.

And know it can hidden in places you list expect)

Wasn't sure where to post this

So something been wrong with me for the past month now. Doctors plus a trip to a and e while on holiday yesterday(its was that bad) can't work out. I know some other auto immune conditions you can more likely to develop with type 1 diabeties(aparttly I should have been tested for cerlic diasese at diagnosis but dont know if I was,). I was just wondering if anyone else had experience of any other auto immune conditions?

Chase results up, might be good sign that you don't have condition as you've not been contacted, but results can go astray so I would check in your situation, then you can discuss side pain with surgery.

Chase results up, might be good sign that you don't have condition as you've not been contacted, but results can go astray so I would check in your situation, then you can discuss side pain with surgery.
Sorry to cause confusion as far as I know I haven't been tested but I read that you're supposed to be at diagnosis. And side pain and intense stomach pain beastly pain have been trying to be figaud out

I'm going to try and contact the doctors on Monday if I can wait that long.

Sorry to cause confusion as far as I know I haven't been tested but I read that you're supposed to be at diagnosis. And side pain and intense stomach pain beastly pain have been trying to be figaud out
Appendicitis?
Something gynaecological?

Long time since diagnosed, wouldn't think it would be routine to test for condition on diagnosis, can't say for sure. Had couple of tests for it over the years all come back negative, think you need to be seen asap if pain is intense, get checked out tonight.

Appendicitis?
Something gynaecological?
Had my aperncus removed 10 years ago.
QUOTE="nonethewiser, post: 1164829, member: 23198"]

Long time since diagnosed, wouldn't think it would be routine to test for condition on diagnosis, can't say for sure. Had couple of tests for it over the years all come back negative, think you need to be seen asap if pain is intense, get checked out tonight.
[/QUOTE]

That's why I ended up going to a and e yesterday. But they couldn't work it. They did a lot of blood tests and said they all came back normal and they couldn't see any reason to admit me.

Had my aperncus removed 10 years ago.
QUOTE="nonethewiser, post: 1164829, member: 23198"]

That's why I ended up going to a and e yesterday. But they couldn't work it. They did a lot of blood tests and said they all came back normal and they couldn't see any reason to admit me.
[/QUOTE]
If you are still in severe pain then you should go back, it may be they will need to do a MRI or CT scan to get to the bottom of it.

If you are still in severe pain then you should go back, it may be they will need to do a MRI or CT scan to get to the bottom of it.
[/QUOTE]
Yes they said they themselves couldn't do a scan because pain was all over and not in a speffic area. They did write to my doctor to sujest if they might want do a scan.

Yes probably need to ask for test first because apartelly if you stop eating gotten before you get tested it can come back as a false negative but can pain in my sides really be a symptom. That what I meant there was one symptom that didn't match the list of symptoms.

And know it can hidden in places you list expect)

You most definitely need to ask for a test and carry on eating gluten! If you don’t, you’ll mess your test up.

With your sister having coeliac disease, it’s important you get tested. I have a coeliac screen every year or two because of the Type 1. Coeliac disease in people with Type 1 can be ‘silent’ - that is, not have the usual symptoms so please don’t judge whether you’ve got it or not by your symptoms. Best to get tested.

That needs attention whether it’s coeliac or not. It could be any number of things and so needs checking.

Anyone who thinks they have coeliac or are awaiting a test, should NOT stop eating gluten. You must be eating gluten for the test to work.

Anyone who thinks they have coeliac or are awaiting a test, should NOT stop eating gluten. You must be eating gluten for the test to work.
I was not advocating that would be something to do unless a diagnosis was confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back