Time to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Heidi,

I'm afraid I also didn't post until now, but you and your advice would have been missed greatly if you had laft the forum.

I just want to say, that however horrible it must sound for you to hear Nathan talk like that (and I don't under estimate how heartbreaking it is) I would just like to say that, first and foremost, you should be so, so proud of Nathan for admitting, so honestly and openly, how he feels about having diabetes. And you should also feel immensely proud of yourself that your 14 year old sons feels loved and supported enough to be that honest about how he feels to you, his mum. A lot of my problems would have been solved by having a relationship as open as this in my life when I was a teenager growing up; feelings-wise I'm sure more people than let on have experienced similar feelings but possibly don't face up to them. Admitting how you feel is half the battle and for Nathan to feel he can talk to you about them, you must be doing an amazing job as his mum. I admire you so much for the support you give your son.

Heidi I am so pleased you changed your mind. I cant even hazard a guess at what it must be like for you but if you ever fancy a chat, a rant, pm me. I'm a good listener!

Great to have you back.

Oh i am pleased to see you.

Being a parent is hard at the best of times but when a condition is involved too it can be a nightmare.

Take care and best wishes to you both xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back