this might not go down to well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant understand how any diabetic regardless of type can be ignorant toward there condition:confused:
I dont think there is any excuse not to know the complications of type 2 though, the reason I say this is because of the massive media coverage on the disease! I have been type one for nearly 21 years and I still meet people who think all diabetes is type 2, and trying to explain that I have juvinile onset which requires insulin and has nothing to do with lifestyle etc is pointless because they know what the media tells them about "diabetes" and nothing can make them see otherwise! lol

In light of all the information about type 2 and the fact that people are well aware of the complications of treating the condition without care can cause then I do think the guy that he works with is a bit of an ignorant fool to be honest.
But its not the same for everyone and we all must be taking our condition seriously cos otherwise we wouldnt be on this forum 😉

Sam but andy is right it should never of been posted.It aint ok for this to happen again the other week peter did the same thing but the other way around and people went mad most type 1s.

Not really Steph. I didn't attack and denigrate Type 1 diabetics, I merely expressed a personal OPINION about the problems posed by TYPE 2 Diabetes based on 17 years experience, having going through all treatment algorhythm, suffering some of the complications and having injected insulin for 8 years.

But as Rossi said time to put this thread to bed.

Completely different situation steff. It is fine to accidentally cause offense, see reason and then apologise. It is a totally different thing to not see reason (oh, and be a complete idiot) and not even apologise for causing offense, let alone for being a completely insensitive idiot. Everyone deserves a second chance - Nothing to do with types (that would be ridiculous!), and as you could see from my first response I directly compared Dan's post to the other incident - but he has explained himself and apologised now.

Ill never get my point across as to why i was offended and upset so wont even try ok.As long as some one apologises then it is meant to be wiped clear out of my mind .

Not really Steph. I didn't attack and denigrate Type 1 diabetics, I merely expressed a personal OPINION about the problems posed by TYPE 2 Diabetes based on 17 years experience, having going through all treatment algorhythm, suffering some of the complications and having injected insulin for 8 years.

But as Rossi said time to put this thread to bed.

Yes peter put to bed

Right folks, think it's time to close down this thread. Some useful discussion and things learnt but now we're heading into going in circles covering old issues which does tend to have a detrimental effect on the board. The board is generally a very friendly place, much more so than a lot of other forums I've been involved in which really is a credit to all members but of course with healthy debate we're going to have disagreements from time to time, as we have done in the past and will probably do so in the future, hopefully not too much though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back