That was a damn silly thing to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decision made, I'm still heading out (time to warm up the chat up lines) but drinking isn't happening. Besides, a good old walk should help things along!

Excellent. I really want to say good boy but you are a bit old for that now.

Have a lovely evening and I hope you pull with your chat up lines !! (now that would be a whole other thread, dodgy chat up lines)

Sober chat up lines always sound better than bladdered ones . . . despite what you guys might think!!! 😛

It was always funnier though to be the sober one watching a drunk bloke try out his chat up lines on a girl. I wasn't sober that often mind you and I thought they were funny then as well (and slightly sad) ..............

Why haven't you gone yet? What time are you going? We were just about to start whispering about you........... 😛

Bloods are still at 17 but no ketones. No Beer tonight, I'm just waiting for bloods to come down. I doubt I'll need my glucose tablets tonight.

have good night tom ...i hope it is all worth it !!😱:D

Glad things are settling down Tom, hope you enjoy your night out!

Took me a while but ive perfected it now! I bolus as normal for any food, none for wine and 1 or 1.5 if im drinking beer.

ALWAYS test at bed, whatever time that may be :D, usually a little high (9-10) and drop my basal for 8-10 hours by 20%. Wakes me up in the mid 7s and holds me there all morning.

Had some scary morning hypos after drinking on MDI and some awful 12 hour highs too - looking back I took some silly risks just for the sake of a night out.

Just wanted to add that this is exactly what I do on the pump, if you switch cider for beer! 😛

hope your safe and well Tom, for interest I have never injected for booze, but I know I don't need much juice. THank you all for being there for Tom, mind you I'm sure he knows most of it anyway.

Tom com'on tell us you best/worst and most sucessful lines!

A mate liked the sit on my face I'll guess your weight line, I think it actually worked once😱

Morning all!

Why am I awake after five hours of sleep I don't know. Had a good night last night. Ended up drinking but all is well. Bloods this morning are fourteen point two, I've corrected and I'm just about awake lol! No ketones and no overnight hypo.

Where are all you drinkers? I dont know enough about the effects of alcohol and injecting for it? I was under the impression that you dont inject because you will naturally go low through the night when drinking?

Tom, can you wait a bit until you go out? I dont want you to drink unless we know whether you need to inject for it?

You dont have to give me your number - I am sorry I just cant stop being a mum! I dont mean to sound over the top - i just want you to be safe!🙂Bev

Hi Bev, i dont know what tom normally does, but i never inject for alcohol. I dont drink beer though, only wine and occasionally spirits. Bur if i were to drink beer i would just check more often and only inject if particulary high before bed.

If i were a little high, i would leave it as yes you do tend to go a little lower overnight. Mainly for me though the effects are the next day, i need less insulin with breakfast for example or i will tend to hypo. This is after 2/3 glasses wine. So i dont know what the effects of several pints would be.

Took me a while but ive perfected it now! I bolus as normal for any food, none for wine and 1 or 1.5 if im drinking beer.

ALWAYS test at bed, whatever time that may be :D, usually a little high (9-10) and drop my basal for 8-10 hours by 20%. Wakes me up in the mid 7s and holds me there all morning.

Had some scary morning hypos after drinking on MDI and some awful 12 hour highs too - looking back I took some silly risks just for the sake of a night out.

Viki, thats quite interesting, i may try lowering my basal overnight next time i have a drink and inject normal breakfast dose to see how that works for me.

Tom com'on tell us you best/worst and most sucessful lines!

A mate liked the sit on my face I'll guess your weight line, I think it actually worked once😱

1) You'll do

2) Here's ?20. Drink until I'm attractive.

3) Here's fifty pence, call your parents and tell them you're not coming home. You've pulled.

4) I may not be Fred Flintstone but I can still make your bed rock.

5) That dress would match my floor perfectly.

6) Is your name Gilette? Because you're the best a man can get!

There are many more but that's the depths of my mind at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back