Tell Gordon Brown to fund more Type 1 research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Tis done. Good luck Daniela...

the meeting was great and they are going to send the letter and the article to gordon brown and he is going to see the LEA about this problem with the schools

Good news! Well done! :D

Thanks all. I heard last night that they now have over that 1000 signature goal. Thank you to everyone who helped reach it.

🙂

Oh isnt that cute?! 🙂 Those kids look proper happy!

Hope it all does some good. Letters arent the primeministers best subject this week are they? 😱

nope he is getting stick, but some one defended him and said he has only 50% eyesight.and what all the times the gov are on about education this education that and the PM cant even spell

This is the first time ive felt sorry for Gordon Brown since he became PM. He went to the trouble of hand writing letters and he is still being shot down, it's his bad eyesight, why cant the PM have a disability?? urgh. anyway...

That syringe is so cool, I want one in my garden. Cute kids :D

Agreed the PM is entitled to have a disability. After all many people like Jackie Stewart like telling us thay are dyslexic.

id say put yourself in the shoes of that mother , i think id react same way as her, I get the fact that he has took the time to hand write these letters but surely they should be a secretery that scans the letters before they go out

Last edited:
Umm if he handwrote them he should have concentrated more but it could well have been an genuine mistake and quite frankly surely the mother would have far more important things to worry about than a handwriting mistake perhaps.

My dad once dictated a letter to some of our clients (I was his secretary and office manager). They were a bit 'mad' these clients an deaf as posts. The council had sound proofed their walls infact. Well my dad said some stuff, I typed the letter, signed it and sent it.

The client rang the next day and asked why on earth (shouting loudly down the phone) the mental health officer was coming to see him and his wife. I said I didn't know and asked my dad. He said I should have typed environmental health officer. 😱 Whoops. I thought it was apt as I thought they were completely bonkers.

I know this isn't in the same league as life but spelling, writing and typing errors happen.

I feel sorry that Gordon Brown is subject to such vitriolic press attention. To me he appears to be an intelligent, caring and sincere man (whatever your politics!) who has had to deal with some very difficult issues. He chose to handwrite the letter as a mark of respect, and just because it wasn't copperplate I don't think that should be criticised - he has only got one eye. And how many other people in positions of power and authority can boast fine calligraphy? Certainly not most doctors, lawyers and teachers!

I am sure he was mortified that a genuine expression of condolence has been picked apart by the baying hordes.

Just my thoughts on the matter!🙂

He's only got one eye !!

I agree with you Northerner.

I don't like the man, I think he is a nincombepoop (!) but not everything he does is wrong and writing the letters was a good thing. The bloody press have a lot to answer for.

lets not vear off from the original topic

Whoops sorry.

My friends went up to Downing Street. The children with type 1 were allowed through the gates but the mums not. They presented the petition. A couple have written pieces about which you may well see in a magazine at some point.

Another friend of mine is on GMTV on Friday morning by the way with her two girls, the youngest aged 4 (I think) is type 1 with a pump. It is a piece on schools and care at school I think. She is lovely and her girls are gorgeous.

Whoops sorry.

My friends went up to Downing Street. The children with type 1 were allowed through the gates but the mums not. They presented the petition. A couple have written pieces about which you may well see in a magazine at some point.

Another friend of mine is on GMTV on Friday morning by the way with her two girls, the youngest aged 4 (I think) is type 1 with a pump. It is a piece on schools and care at school I think. She is lovely and her girls are gorgeous.

thx i will be tuning into that , without doubt

I feel sorry that Gordon Brown is subject to such vitriolic press attention. To me he appears to be an intelligent, caring and sincere man (whatever your politics!) who has had to deal with some very difficult issues. He chose to handwrite the letter as a mark of respect, and just because it wasn't copperplate I don't think that should be criticised - he has only got one eye. And how many other people in positions of power and authority can boast fine calligraphy? Certainly not most doctors, lawyers and teachers!

I am sure he was mortified that a genuine expression of condolence has been picked apart by the baying hordes.

Just my thoughts on the matter!🙂

I totally agree. She recorded his phone conversation yesterday too and it's now been posted on the sun website 😱

I think this guy on the BBC website summed it up quite well: "I feel sorry for this woman but Brown as well - I think he is caught between a rock and a hard place with few options".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back