TDD and basal bolus split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree it is Bev,

My little one managed to unlock her pump last year and give self a bolus with some night-time fiddling (by pure fluke I should think in synchronizing buttons) 😱, so glad there is a max setting for such cases. Use the "block" now - live and learn lol!

Hi Hanmillmum,

That must have been scary for you!😱What do you mean 'block'?🙂Bev

The block feature on the medtronic is in utilities menu, it stops all functions apart from suspend and self test but allows the parent/carer to use the remote to bolus etc or take the block back off to do so. As it requires a bit more programing/button pressing to set up and take off it feels safer.

The block feature on the medtronic is in utilities menu, it stops all functions apart from suspend and self test but allows the parent/carer to use the remote to bolus etc or take the block back off to do so. As it requires a bit more programing/button pressing to set up and take off it feels safer.

Hi Hanmillmum,

Thankyou. We also use the VEO but as Alex is 14 I wasnt aware of this function but it sounds great for little ones who might get a bit inquisitive at the wrong time! We havent ever used the remote as Alex felt it was too big but I know they are great for little ones - not having to move them around when they are asleep is a bonus. Mostly Alex's pump is easy to find during the night - but there have been times when it has wrapped itself around his stomach and then he lies on it and trying to move a sleepy 14 year old can be a bit tricky at 3 in the morning! Are you on the CWD list?🙂Bev

Hi Hanmillmum,

Thankyou. We also use the VEO but as Alex is 14 I wasnt aware of this function but it sounds great for little ones who might get a bit inquisitive at the wrong time! We havent ever used the remote as Alex felt it was too big but I know they are great for little ones - not having to move them around when they are asleep is a bonus. Mostly Alex's pump is easy to find during the night - but there have been times when it has wrapped itself around his stomach and then he lies on it and trying to move a sleepy 14 year old can be a bit tricky at 3 in the morning! Are you on the CWD list?🙂Bev

Yes, can imagine 14 yo lad is a little more bulky to shift, lol!

On CWD list but not posted as yet 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back