hey peeps

im wantin to get a tattoo

is it ok if im diabetic??

ta mucho :D

hey peeps

im wantin to get a tattoo

is it ok if im diabetic??

ta mucho :D

yes its fine, ive had all mine done since i was diagnosed and i plan to get more. In fact i dont know why some people keep going on about how it isnt ok! and by me saying this no doubt someone will come back with a negative response! but anyway, as far as i know theres no probs at all, go for it!

yup, its fine :D I've had all of mine since being diabetic too. The only thing the tattooist made me do was sign a special health form.

Just make sure that you have emergency supplies with you for both highs and lows, as the needle will put the body under a lot of stress (even though i immensly enjoy the feeling of the tattoo needle...my body thought it was stressing out and I had to chug real coke all the way through 😱), and make sure that you know what you want to get :D

yup, its fine :D I've had all of mine since being diabetic too. The only thing the tattooist made me do was sign a special health form.

Just make sure that you have emergency supplies with you for both highs and lows, as the needle will put the body under a lot of stress (even though i immensly enjoy the feeling of the tattoo needle...my body thought it was stressing out and I had to chug real coke all the way through 😱), and make sure that you know what you want to get :D

fanks for the advice 🙂

i have no idea what to get, somethin with stars in it lol
been puttin it off for the past two years lol but defo want one now.

any ideas or good websites with tattoo designs??

fanks for the advice 🙂

i have no idea what to get, somethin with stars in it lol
been puttin it off for the past two years lol but defo want one now.

any ideas or good websites with tattoo designs??

with mine, i didn't go for the basic designs you get in the tattoo parlours or off websites. I got things that meant alot to me. The one on the top of my back is a band logo intertwined with celtic esque knotwork, I got it because the band got me through alot of tough times.
The one on my lower back in an egyptian ankh symbol, meaning 'life', which i got to symbolise my love of ancient egypt
and the one on my wrist is a tiny simple black heart, got to symbolise my aunt and friends who have died recently

definitely get something that will mean something to you and you won't come to really hate in a few years. After all, they're very easy to get put on you but not very easy to take off 😉

I never thought of this - good job you posted as I'm planning another at some point this year!

Good luck - and post piccies (if it's not too private!).

with mine, i didn't go for the basic designs you get in the tattoo parlours or off websites. I got things that meant alot to me. The one on the top of my back is a band logo intertwined with celtic esque knotwork, I got it because the band got me through alot of tough times.
The one on my lower back in an egyptian ankh symbol, meaning 'life', which i got to symbolise my love of ancient egypt
and the one on my wrist is a tiny simple black heart, got to symbolise my aunt and friends who have died recently

definitely get something that will mean something to you and you won't come to really hate in a few years. After all, they're very easy to get put on you but not very easy to take off 😉

yeah its just soo hard to decide what to get !!!

I never thought of this - good job you posted as I'm planning another at some point this year!

Good luck - and post piccies (if it's not too private!).

Lol im thinkin my back, neck or wrist... :D

i had no idea you had any tattoos.

I went to tattoofinder.com for mine - which I had done about a year ago. I've got two flowers with a couple of shooting stars around them on the top of my left arm. Now I'm considering what and where to have next......

i had no idea you had any tattoos.

I has 3 :D one of which has to stay hidden due to wanting to get a job

speaking off...

Lol im thinkin my back, neck or wrist...

I have to say even though i love mine on my wrist, it was probably a bit of a mistake getting it done there. Alot of employers don't like visible tattoos, so if you do go for your wrist you'll have to either wear long sleeved tops all the time or cover it up with a chunky watch. And let's face it, covering a healing tat with a chunky watch probably isn't the best of ideas.

Mine is covered most of the time with my watch, especially working in retail.

I think people see past tattoos now, and if they dont I wouldn't want to work for them lol. But then as a dole dossing scrounger with no qualifications or hope of a job let alone a career - I can have a tattoo whereever I want :D 😛

I think people see past tattoos now, and if they dont I wouldn't want to work for them lol

Gotta say, alot of places still won't employ people with visible tattoos. There's the whole general thought of 'visible tattoo=hooligan' mentality still especially in public sector and retail jobs. Personally i think its a bit of a joke especially if said visible tattoo is super tiny.

Luckilly for me, most archaeology jobs don't care. Unless you get to the higher officy bits anyway

I know some employers are like that, but I also know of heavily tattood people in upper end employment - so it's not always the case.

All mine (three tiny "off the wall" and regretted) are in places easily covered, but I'm saving up for a biggie this year to cheer myself up.

Problem being I dont know what I want - other than it's going to be dead dog related (not a picture of a dead dog - a memorial to!). One of our passed pets had the racing name Lunar Queen, and our last dog was called Sky - so something moon/sky related. Just need to find someone to draw one for me!

Plus all the tattoo places local to me are really naff. So recommendations for the Bradford/Leeds area appreciated!

Gotta say, alot of places still won't employ people with visible tattoos. There's the whole general thought of 'visible tattoo=hooligan' mentality still especially in public sector and retail jobs. Personally i think its a bit of a joke especially if said visible tattoo is super tiny.

Luckilly for me, most archaeology jobs don't care. Unless you get to the higher officy bits anyway

you have to cover tattoos up in my work incase it offends a customer

I know some employers are like that, but I also know of heavily tattood people in upper end employment - so it's not always the case.

Problem being I dont know what I want - other than it's going to be dead dog related (not a picture of a dead dog - a memorial to!). One of our passed pets had the racing name Lunar Queen, and our last dog was called Sky - so something moon/sky related. Just need to find someone to draw one for me!

I can understand about the policy of covering up tattoos from customers, your tattoos ladies may well be delicate, feminine and meaningful to you, however, there are some peoples tattoos that aren't so innocent and it's safer and easier to have a blanket ban on them rather than attempting to vet who show their tattoos and who can't.

That said facial piercings don't seem to get the same 'cover up' demands as tattoos 🙄 trickier I know, but more people I am sure find piercings more off-putting than tattoos.

I've been toying with having a tattoo done, sadly, I'm planning on having it done of Bruce 😱 problems are where to have it done and who to have do it, as it's got to be right and it will be my one and only tattoo.

Suggestions in/around Wiltshire much appreciated.

Suggestions in/around Wiltshire much appreciated.

I got my first one done at tattoo world in trowbridge by a guy called Slug. Funny name but an excellent tattoo artist and friendly to boot. Tattoo world isn't there any more i don't think, but i think slug is now tattooing around chippenham somewhere.

I got my latest one at sharp practice in salisbury, not sure who by though, but again they were very good. Even if I was sat in the waiting room for 3 hours...😱

I have my lip pierced, and my nose/ears, but most people dont even notice them (I keep studs very low key). I'm a mum now so am pretty bland compared to my rocker days. I miss them though - hence the new tattoo.

But like I said, I'm not the best judge of employability (is that even a word?). 😛

I think I'm going to go with a lotus flower on my wrist and take it from there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back