swine flu vac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my jab this morning and so far no problems, not even a sore arm.

Looks like I spoke to soon! By the evening my arm was hurting and I had a headache and my neck and joints felt stiff. Took a couple of paracetamol before bed and felt ok the next day.

so has everyone now had the swine flu jab?

I've just been told I can have the egg-free one, part 1 of 2 on the 16th. The second part will be done three weeks later.

I've thought long and hard about it as I still have reservations about it but have booked myself in for the 15th Dec. I may still back out - some of the side effects still worry me but guess having the 'flu itself would be worse.

High Steff! No, haven't been offered it yet, (neither have asthmatics in family) although I've decided to have it when I am. Missed the regular flu jab and the flu's been round the family in the last week or two. 😱 think I'll still ask for the regular one too, but would prefer them not at the same time.

had mine tonight feel ok . My doc was present and i asked him if he'd had one he said yes..and that the only side effect he had was lethargy !

I had mine about 3 weeks ago - arm was sore and tender - to be expected - but then got worse and skin blistered! Mentioned it to Dr over reception and she looked at me in disbelief - snotty woman! Walked away before I got too cross with her. Does she really think I would make something like that up?! Pah!
Anyway all OK blisters produced flakey skin and still marked - but all OK. Never went back to GP as what can they do? Anyway rather have that than swine flu - talking of which I was he chemist and two women came in to pick up tami-flu - for each other. They are supposed to quarantine themselves. Stupid, stupid irresponsible women - and I was in there with Zac. Fortunately for them they moved away to wander round Boots before I realised otherwise I would have torn a strip off them! Ooooohhhhh!

I got mine this morning. So far seems to be ok - the injection site has been itchy and is now a bit sore.

I got mine this morning. So far seems to be ok - the injection site has been itchy and is now a bit sore.

Mine was OK at first then became much more sore for the next couple of days. It's fine now though🙂

Just got a call to go for the vaccine on 16th. After thinking I wouldn't have the flu one at same time, changed my mind and having both together. got dentist appointment following day 😱 How did those of you get on who had the two jabs together?

not been offered swine flu jab yet! partner had his yesterday at a different doc's he only has mild asthma and not used inhaler for ten yrs! had seasonal jab back in oct .. whats going on.. g.p told me to wait for letter! xx

not been offered swine flu jab yet! partner had his yesterday at a different doc's he only has mild asthma and not used inhaler for ten yrs! had seasonal jab back in oct .. whats going on.. g.p told me to wait for letter! xx

When was the last time you contacted your GP? I had a letter in early November telling me that they were hoping to get vaccine in after the 18th November, but then heard nothing. I happened to be near the surgery one day so inquired - receptionist said I should have been sent a letter and that they were giving the injections that Saturday! So it was quite by chance that I got mine - maybe the letter has got lost?

I would think it is worth giving them a call - I got a call (see message below) and mentioned that 2 other members of the household would be eligible because of their asthma. The GP checked and said they should have been on his list to call, but didn't know why they weren't - so it was just by chance they have got an appointment too. Good luck!

I received a letter in November telling me about the swine vac, I was away when the first clinic was on, but when I saw my GP a couple of weeks ago she told me there was now a 2nd clinic and she booked me in for the 14th..

I still hadnt heard from my surgery either so i phoned them yesterday and was given an appointment to have my jag on monday. You should give them a call and see what the hold up is 🙂

I was told to wait on a letter, then when I picked up my repreat prescriptions there was a note printed on the bottom to say phone the surgery for an appointment (which I did) and was told the letter was probably lost in the post. So would give the gp a phone just to find out what is happening.

The amount of post that goes missing now is criminal.

With the cost of first class post for a standard sized envelope being so much, you'd think at least some of the mail would get through.

I now have a number of 'Did Not Attends' at various clinics now, simply because it's hard to attend an appointment if you're not invited!

If I were in your shoes by now anyone not being called in for their jabs, I'd be on the phone.

Went to see my dr today for annual asthma check up, and she asked if i had swine flu jab yet, i told her it was booked in for monday, she said they had some available now and would i like it done.. so all done and dusted..

And hospitals are getting very keen on throwing you off the list if you miss one appointment!

I was deregistered by my GP for not responding to a letter I did not get - ridiculous. I only found out when I tried to get my repeat prescription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back