swine flu vac

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat1953

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have only been diabetic for 2 months and have had the seasonal flu jab now they want me to have swine flu jab I can't make my mind up, I have been reading this message board for a while so I know you will have an opinoin has anyone had it with or without side effects.

hi pat had mine same day as my bloods where taken had a heavy arm for about 3 days but all seems ok now

Getting mine tonight, a bit scared but more scared of getting swine flu when I think about it!

Had mine this morning, all's well at the moment.

Turned down the offer.............Google told me to!!!!!🙄

Had mine Saturday morning and my arm has pretty much recovered now - was just quite sore for a few days. No other side effects that I'm aware of.

Had mine this afternoon no probs so far hope it stays that way

My experience so far, arm's not swollen as bad as the normal flu jab (although it hurts when I move it or lie on it - not bad though), but the fever is worse and the nurse was right, I am a bit queasy with it.

So make sure you have plenty of paracetamol handy!

Finally taking the plunge and having my jab on Friday morning!

Had mine Friday. Not been too bad

I have felt tired and my arm is still fairly sore but better that having flu!

I've got my swine flu vaccine booked for 21 Dec and although i too was apprehensive about having it i do think in the long run it's worth having. My DN thinks i should have it and i will be going to see my GP next week and will double check with her but i'm sure she will say yes so it looks like i will.

Hi Pat,
I haven't had the jab, only because I got swine flu 2 days before my jab appointment! Having lived through swine flu, I'd recommend doing whatever you can to avoid it...! I ended up in casualty after only 12 hours!! It seems to me to be pretty easy to catch. I didn't know anyone who had it and still got it. Hope you're able to make a well-informed decision that you're happy with.
Natalie

I had mine last Friday and then had a really busy and long day on the Saturday - no ill effects at all though other than the sore arm - the soreness was worse than with the seasonal jab but only for a day, just a bit tender now. I had no doubts about having the jab - as Natalie said, being ill with the actual virus or any other is a lot worse.

Just got home from work to discover letter from GP, inviting me to swine flu clinics either today, tomorrow or Monday - all impossible with such short notice. What surprised me was that they said they could only vaccinate in multipls of 10 people, as they need to make up batches of vaccine and use within 23 hours. Anyway, no chance of making any of the sessions they offered. I'll drop the reply slip to the surgery on my way back from railway station tomorrow evening, as I don't feel like going out except to buy food at supermarket tonight (surgery is 1 mile in opposite direction), and won't have time in the morning.

Had mine yesterday, woke us this morning with a sore arm and feel like cr*p, feel I am burning up and have a sore throat. Fasting blood normal for me (6.1) dont know if it is all connectd or if I am just having bad luck and getting another bout of the cold. :(

It's probably the jab - get some paracetamol (if you can have that) and you'll feel a bit better. I was warned that if the flu jab made me ill the swine flu one would be worse, but to be honest it wasn't as bad as the regular flu one for me. Still feel a bit dizzy today but I've had a blood test so it could be that lol.

Had my jab this morning and so far no problems, not even a sore arm.

Had mine 1 weeks ago now, and can feel where I had it if I press on the muscle, but other than that it's fine. My GP will ring in 3 weeks to see if there have been any effects

swine flu jab

Finally taking the plunge and having my jab on Friday morning!

had it this morning so so good, hope i dont feel ill got my daughter coming for a meal tonight thanks for all replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back