supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was in the news - it must be true!🙄 Ha Ha🙂

Presumably, if the free radicals improve insulin sensitivity then it must also do this in Type 1s, so maybe by taking the vits you are simply neutralising the effect of exercise, which may be neither here not there in a Type 1, but negating exercise as a means of BG control in Type 2s (or people with insulin resistance). OK, I might have just spouted gibberish, but it made sense to me!:D

Yes, see what you mean. It also said the men taking the supplements didn't increase their metabalism, so presumably the men who didn't take them did. I wonder if it could be affecting mine - I was also diagnosed with underactive thyroid at the same time as diabetes and take pills for this too. Could be reducing the effects of these with the antioxidants. Hmmm did research the effects of supplements - good and bad at the time, but maybe time to have a re-think (poor old brain!) Bring on the fruit and veg!

Oh it's ok, they do age you:

Thought id wasted an hour of my life watching I programme about what causes us to age and eventually die that wasn't even true, but it's ok they weren't lying to me!

My mum used to give me cod oil capsules. I'm sure it's done something - made our hair shinier perhaps?

My mum gave me bread crusts as well as cod liver oil - now I've got shiny curly hair - always did want straight hair - hoorah for straighteners!

My mum gave me bread crusts as well as cod liver oil - now I've got shiny curly hair - always did want straight hair - hoorah for straighteners!

oooh i'll swap! I have really naturally straight hair and would lovely curly :D

mmmmmmmmmmmm toasted crusts. shame how the simple things in life are usually the best lol

I love crusts, especially toasted! I do hope we're not saying that crusts are supplements!😱

Only if you're 4 or 5 years old and hate them! Woops, are we straying off topic?

Katie, swop your straightenenrs for my tongs! Glad to hear you've still got your hair Northerner, no need for 'wax on, wax off' yet then! :D

Only if you're 4 or 5 years old and hate them! Woops, are we straying off topic?

Katie, swop your straightenenrs for my tongs! Glad to hear you've still got your hair Northerner, no need for 'wax on, wax off' yet then! :D

I ate lots of burnt crusts when I was little:D

LONGHAI2.jpg

I ate lots of burnt crusts when I was little:D

LONGHAI2.jpg

Wow! A regular Alan Davies (when he has his hair long, which is better for him in my opinion) Did you have the flares and kaftan to go with it!! :D

Depends whether iron is prescribed to treat anaemia when it would come under the "medication" label but if just taken as part of a general approach then would be more of a supplement. Sometimes vitamins are prescribed too - eg B12, K - for specific purposes

Wow! A regular Alan Davies (when he has his hair long, which is better for him in my opinion) Did you have the flares and kaftan to go with it!! :D

I had some 26" flares and an afghan coat! My mum always thought I looked like Alan Davies (or he looked like me!), or Richard Beckinsale, if you remember him.:D

I had some 26" flares and an afghan coat! Good man, me too! I had a full-length one, and saved money by buying an 'untreated' one - it stank like hell and I had a ceremonial burning of it when I discovered it's moth-eaten remains in my loft some years later! My mum always thought I looked like Alan Davies (or he looked like me!), or Richard Beckinsale, if you remember him.:D
I think you're more like Richard. I do remember him, in fact my 17 year old had the Porridge DVDs for Christmas, and loves it! Shame Richard's not still with us...

Can I just say -- as the initial thread-poster here -- that I love this thread. It has made me laugh (again) on a gloomy day.🙂

Can I just say -- as the initial thread-poster here -- that I love this thread. It has made me laugh (again) on a gloomy day.🙂

We aim to please! And (getting back to the subject) laughter is the best tonic!:D With no known contra-indications, except maybe split sides!😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back