sugar or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told sausages were ok unless they were the cheap ones that are full of rusk etc.
I

Bev, please look at the carb content for sausages. You will find they all contain carbs.
Oddly enough the one from my local butcher who is not cheap have the worst effect on my blood sugars.
As a rule of thumb a normal size sausage is 4 carbs each and chipalarters sp! are 10 carbs for 3
PS all sausages have to have a certain amount of meat in them too.

Bev, please look at the carb content for sausages. You will find they all contain carbs.
Oddly enough the one from my local butcher who is not cheap have the worst effect on my blood sugars.
As a rule of thumb a normal size sausage is 4 carbs each and chipalarters sp! are 10 carbs for 3
PS all sausages have to have a certain amount of meat in them too.

it's worth adding that this isn't necessarily the only school of thought on the issue. From my perspective I wouldn't count the carbs unless it was at the cheaper end, and therefore most likely to contain a greater proportion of carbs. My rule would be only to inject for those carbs if they made up more than 5% of the product and this works for me. I think the key is to work along the lines of what you medical team tells you (within reason of course as I know they have a tendancy to contradict each other!) and write everything down and look for patterns, once you have a pattern if you find that the particular food is likely to be causing a rise then you can start adjusting in advance.

also meant to add, those of you with kids, have you checked out the mylife sections of the diabetes uk website? They're realtively new and there are three different ones aimed at different age groups. To my, maybe slightly out of practice eye, they look very accessible for children to learn more about diabetes in a fun way...?

Thanks all -- what a thread! aymes, yes I like the mylife sections -- I think my son is slowly beginning to explore them. Important. And about the effect of foods -- I like the idea of finding patterns. This seems instinctively right to me. Already we are finding some.

bev: well hey. Onward and upward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back