Straw poll: what age were you diagnosed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
131 responses so far, anonynised the data (no record of who said what). Will share what I've gathered in a day or two 🙂

I Had no idea what- so -ever that so many type ones were diagnosed a little later in life, I thought most were diagnosed as children

On current numbers almost 40% are diagnosed with T1 over the age of 18

Having said that it's clearly a fairly skewed survey as very low numbers of T2s have responded so far.

Last edited:
Type 1 - Aged 30

Type 1 .. Diagnosed at 34

Thanks everyone 🙂

Type 1, aged 27.

Here, at diagnosis, yes! LOL

But there are lots of T1s older than you generally. Since it appears we don't drop dead quite as quick as they thought when we were first diagnosed !

Just for interest, what did you call Patti's age at DX Mike? - the age she first got diabetes (which any of us who have heard her story know was always T1) although it took her over 8 years to get em to do the tests.

I always wonder if I had any such tests and what my A1c was anyway. I know they had an armful of blood every single day (for the first few days, morning AND evening) as they hadn't invented finger prick tests then!

T2 - age 35 but a very strange T2 (I follow in Northy's footsteps along side his T1)

age 43 years - T2 🙂

Type 1, diagnosed early November 2008, so literally just over 4 years ago. Was 25 a couple of days before diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back