Straw poll: what age were you diagnosed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you T1s have a sibling with it too? I live in fear of my daughter developing it too.

Nope. No kids or nephews/nieces either (fingers crossed!)

Type 2 @ 52

Do I get a prize for being the youngest?:D

Close but no cigar - I was just 11 months old! :D Type 1.

Younger sis was also diag'd T1 in her mid teens, but I think it is very rare for t1 in siblings??

Do any of you T1s have a sibling with it too? I live in fear of my daughter developing it too.

First and (hopefully only) in my family!

Close but no cigar - I was just 11 months old! :D Type 1.

Younger sis was also diag'd T1 in her mid teens, but I think it is very rare for t1 in siblings??

Hi Twitchy,

Sadly there are quite a few with two children on the CWD list.:(

11 months is young! :(Bev

type 2 at 70.

Type 1, diagnosed with dka, March 2001, so eleven and a half years ago, 😱:(

T1 Diagnosed 1992 - aged 8.

No siblings etc diagnosed. Although both grandparents on fathers side turned out to have t2 at older age.

T2, early 40s, about 8 yrs ago? Can't remember exactly - lots of other rubbish going on in my life at the time!

Type 1, diagnosed at 22.

Hello there

I've a little project on the go, where it would be very helpful to get a feel for age distribution at diagnosis. If you are happy to share that info please either reply or PM me with your D type and the age you were diagnosed.

I'll go first: type 1, diagnosed at 21

T1 at 42. No relatives with T1 or T2.

T2 Diag aged 50. Sept 2010

Older bruv also T2 Diag aged 54 Jan 2012

Father T2 Diag aged 60 in 1995 (now has kidney disease & on dyalisis 3 days a week.

Uncle T2 2 years younger than dad but don't know when he was diagnosed.

4 Siblings altogether, younger bruv is now pre-diabetes & being tested annually. So far so good for little sis, but she is now having an annual blood test.

No T1 in the family.

Have a nice day
Lynne.

Type 2 dx 2011 when 66 but had a urine sugar reading 2 years prior which was ignored by Dr
which could explain why I am on insulin already.

Thanks everyone! Very helpful 🙂

Mike
You will let us know about this little project won't you seen as we have all now been a part of it :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back