• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes. If you need any information regarding vaccines, they can be found here : Updates: Vaccines
  • Want to share your experiences of the coronavirus pandemic? Take our survey:Covid Healthcare Survey.

SMART METER (INSULIN BOLUS ADVISOR) OR APP

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @trophywench I've been using a bolus advisor since 2015 when I was introduced to the Accu-chek aviva expert so the problem is that sadly I now rely on a bolus advisor :(
Why is it a problem for you to rely on one? You always have meter with you and having the logs of carbs and insulin makes it easier to review and adjust doses.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi @trophywench I've been using a bolus advisor since 2015 when I was introduced to the Accu-chek aviva expert so the problem is that sadly I now rely on a bolus advisor :(

I rely on a bolus adviser too Gill - i still have my old Expert, and would continue to use it (or the mySugr app) if I went back to MDI long term. But I use the bolus adviser on my pump, and find it really helps.

The benefit for me is that I can make smaller adjustments as my insulin needs change through the year, and don't have to stick to 1:10 to keep the maths easy. I can go 1:9 or 1:11 to adjust up or down by 10% (ish) rather than making bigger changes or just winging it :)