Severity of foot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anyone having to stand up and barefoot in waiting areas. So I'm assuming my feet are pretty bad. Yes?
It’s social convention not to take off your shoes and socks in public. If you can’t wear shoes then at least wear sandals, slippers, flipflops or whatever.

Sorry to read this. This is an off the wall thought. Could you try A&E for a consultation?
Neuropathy isn’t an accident or an emergency so I don’t think there is anything they would do

It’s social convention not to take off your shoes and socks in public. If you can’t wear shoes then at least wear sandals, slippers, flipflops or whatever.
I was wearing sandals. Fitville designed for the job. My health comes before what anyone thinks. Sorry.

I was wearing sandals. Fitville designed for the job. My health comes before what anyone thinks. Sorry.
You said you had to wait barefoot. How were you waiting barefoot if you were also wearing sandals.

You said you took your socks and shoes off? How did you take your shoes off if you were wearing sandals.
I was wearing sandals. When I sat down my feet began to turn blue so I took them off.

I was wearing sandals. When I sat down my feet began to turn blue so I took them off.
You can’t take your sandals off in a waiting room, you can loosen them but it isn’t hygienic or socially appropriate to wait barefoot.

Ok. Thanks.
If there is something sharp on the floor you could stand on it, you might not notice it because of neuropathy, and it could get infected which if serious enough could result in losing your feet. So not being barefoot is for your own safety as well as everyone else’s comfort.

If there is something sharp on the floor you could stand on it, you might not notice it because of neuropathy, and it could get infected which if serious enough could result in losing your feet. So not being barefoot is for your own safety as well as everyone else’s comfort.
At the end of the day I will take advice and make a decision. If the authorities want to question it they can. I have read about not being bafefoot with Neuropathy even at home. However, I do exactly that. My decision.

At the end of the day I will take advice and make a decision. If the authorities want to question it they can. I have read about not being bafefoot with Neuropathy even at home. However, I do exactly that. My decision.
As you say your decision, but very risky in a hospital you never know what might be on the floors, although I could have a good guess.

As you say your decision, but very risky in a hospital you never know what might be on the floors, although I could have a good guess.
I was standing in one position when I took them off and put them back on again when I was called. I am a risk taker though.

Sorry to hear about the pain in your feet, and how uncomfortable it is for you.

@Flower has experience of jumping through the many hoops to try to access urgent footcare - which seems to have really struggled since the pandemic :(

Thanks. I just wondered generally speaking if someone has to take off their shoes and socks and stand up while waiting for an appointment at the hospital, does that sound severe.

Finally got an appointment after 14 months. Which I attended 2 days ago.

Outcome was not Vasculitis. Neuropathy re-diagnosed without a test no less. Varicose veins contributing to poor circulation. Compression socks to be done by the hospital. Keep blood glucose low.

No short term solution. The walk from the front door of the hospital to Reumatology flared my feet right up still trying to get them back to a managable state.

I don't want to exaggerate but no-one seems to get the severity. When I turned up the doctor said so I understand you've got cold feet.

Neuropathy is a chronic complication with no quick fix. There's things you can do and probably are doing to limit the pain, glucose levels in range & all the other diabetes related things we need to juggle and there are drugs that can be prescribed but again it can be a trial to find something that works - gabapentin, duloxetine, amitryptiline & pregabalin are the main ones but I haven't really found a good combination. Normal painkillers ibuprofen, paracetamol etc don't work on nerve pain.

It is a hideous pain to have, I'm sure they do understand how debilitating it can be as a condition but the options to reduce and/or control it aren't great. Wishing you well.

Neuropathy isn’t an accident or an emergency so I don’t think there is anything they would do
My “local” diagnosed what I had last May. Which was neither AorE. Though the extreme feet discomfort & what it seriously looked like (an overnight nightmare, getting worse.) needed looking into. I was relieved to find I was only contagious for a week. Hence my concerned suggestion.

I definitely take a look thanks.
I have only been diagnosed 6 months ago but i have had problems with my feet, nothing as bad as your have but its can get so painful at times i cant sleep, I started taking both of the supplements a few weeks ago and i have noticed a improvement over the last week its well worth a try

I caught “hand foot & mouth?” (Without the hands & mouth.) diagnosed by an A&E virologist. It looked like the nightmare photos of neuropathy felt like testimonies from those with this complication of the nerve feelings? The only footwear I could remotely tolerate were “crocks.” (Just to get from my wife’s car to the checkin desk & take a seat.) The rest of the time, off work & barefoot all the time around the house.

I won’t judge. I support your personal decision. Sometimes needs must when the devil drives.

My “local” diagnosed what I had last May. Which was neither AorE. Though the extreme feet discomfort & what it seriously looked like (an overnight nightmare, getting worse.) needed looking into. I was relieved to find I was only contagious for a week. Hence my concerned suggestion.
He already has a diagnosis though, of neuropathy, and a treatment plan of the support socks

Neuropathy is a chronic complication with no quick fix. There's things you can do and probably are doing to limit the pain, glucose levels in range & all the other diabetes related things we need to juggle and there are drugs that can be prescribed but again it can be a trial to find something that works - gabapentin, duloxetine, amitryptiline & pregabalin are the main ones but I haven't really found a good combination. Normal painkillers ibuprofen, paracetamol etc don't work on nerve pain.

It is a hideous pain to have, I'm sure they do understand how debilitating it can be as a condition but the options to reduce and/or control it aren't great. Wishing you well.
Thanks @Flower

I have only been diagnosed 6 months ago but i have had problems with my feet, nothing as bad as your have but its can get so painful at times i cant sleep, I started taking both of the supplements a few weeks ago and i have noticed a improvement over the last week its well worth a try
Thanks @Pam123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back