Severity of foot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardsUsername

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I don't see anyone having to stand up and barefoot in waiting areas. So I'm assuming my feet are pretty bad. Yes?

I am not sure what you are trying to say or ask. Can you explain a bit more clearly?

I am not sure what you are trying to say or ask. Can you explain a bit more clearly?
Thanks. I just wondered generally speaking if someone has to take off their shoes and socks and stand up while waiting for an appointment at the hospital, does that sound severe.

Finally got an appointment after 14 months. Which I attended 2 days ago.

Outcome was not Vasculitis. Neuropathy re-diagnosed without a test no less. Varicose veins contributing to poor circulation. Compression socks to be done by the hospital. Keep blood glucose low.

No short term solution. The walk from the front door of the hospital to Reumatology flared my feet right up still trying to get them back to a managable state.

I don't want to exaggerate but no-one seems to get the severity. When I turned up the doctor said so I understand you've got cold feet.

How long have you been like this?
January 2023 is when it started to develop. Since March, April 2023 it's been affecting my ability to stand and walk. It's been months since I have to now get a taxi wherever I'm going and can't sit down for a reasonable amount of time when I get there.

Really sorry to hear your feet are so bad and that you didn't feel they were treated as seriously as they should be.
What did you hope to get from the appointment? Do you need more support with your diabetes management to help prevent them getting worse and perhaps even gain some improvement? Or were you hoping for stronger painkillers?.... or perhaps both or something else? Sadly neuropathy is a very painful condition which affects many people and it is clearly affecting you badly.

Hope the new meds kick in and help your mental health. Sending (((HUGS))). You are obviously going through a tough time!

January 2023 is when it started to develop. Since March, April 2023 it's been affecting my ability to stand and walk. It's been months since I have to now get a taxi wherever I'm going and can't sit down for a reasonable amount of time when I get there.
Sorry to read this. This is an off the wall thought. Could you try A&E for a consultation?

Really sorry to hear your feet are so bad and that you didn't feel they were treated as seriously as they should be.
What did you hope to get from the appointment? Do you need more support with your diabetes management to help prevent them getting worse and perhaps even gain some improvement? Or were you hoping for stronger painkillers?.... or perhaps both or something else? Sadly neuropathy is a very painful condition which affects many people and it is clearly affecting you badly.

Hope the new meds kick in and help your mental health. Sending (((HUGS))). You are obviously going through a tough time!
Thanks. A diagnosis, which I'm fairly happy with in as much as knowing what I'm dealing with. I know what I need to do with the manangement but the doctor highlighted before I did that anti-psychotics are renowned for excessive weight gain. I'm taking ibuprofen at present which do very little. Painkillers have never been mentioned until I did. I don't really want to go on strong ones as I have personal experience with being addicted to prescription drugs.

I understand Neuropathy affects a lot of people. It's the one reason I started my exercise routine, which actually reduces the symptoms somewhat. Which I read can be done.

The auditory hallucinations although quite scary are getting a bit interesting. Some believe them to be entities from another dimension. I recieve several different ones and depending on what room I'm in I get different ones. It is however affecting whether I get sleep or not. Some can be on the friendly side others quite hostile.

The auditory hallucinations although quite scary are getting a bit interesting. Some believe them to be entities from another dimension. I recieve several different ones and depending on what room I'm in I get different ones. It is however affecting whether I get sleep or not. Some can be on the friendly side others quite hostile.
You don’t have to respond to this if you don’t wish. Are the benevolent feeling voices female whilst the hostile feeling ones male? All voices whispering girl voice more playful melodic whilst the man’s more “Bill Sykes?”

Must be awful. Like having dreams that you can't wake up from. OK if they are nice dreams but horrendous if they are bad. Really hope the medication helps. Exercise is certainly an important element in physical and mental health so it is good that you are able to do some even with the pain in your feet.

Some people find that compression socks give them a lot of ease from neuropathy, so really hope they will help too.

Thanks. Compression socks is about all I'm getting.

I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this to you before @RichardsUsername I might well have. It’s obviously very important you check any supplements are compatible with your medication, but there are some supplements that might help. However, please do check they’re compatible:

One is Alpha Lipoic Acid. You have to take a largish dose and it’s not cheap, but it’s prescribed for neuropathy in Germany. Also, benfotiamine (a special form of vitamin B1) and other B vitamins can help. For the Alpha Lipoic Acid, it’s best to build it up slowly - ie one 200mg tablet a day for a week or so, then two tablets, then 3. You’ll see they’re expensive but they do help.

You don’t have to respond to this if you don’t wish. Are the benevolent feeling voices female whilst the hostile feeling ones male? All voices whispering girl voice more playful melodic whilst the man’s more “Bill Sykes?”
There is two types of voices. Actual words and speech, the second basically noises. Most of mine are noises but a few are definitely spoken. The ones that are spoken all sound male but I can't be sure and come over more friendly. Some of the noises are definitely out to scare you. One of the guys from the home treatment team asked if they were trying to get my attention, which makes sense. Others are just out to annoy you.

Must be awful. Like having dreams that you can't wake up from. OK if they are nice dreams but horrendous if they are bad. Really hope the medication helps. Exercise is certainly an important element in physical and mental health so it is good that you are able to do some even with the pain in your feet.

Some people find that compression socks give them a lot of ease from neuropathy, so really hope they will help too.
Thanks. It's like living in a horror movie. No joke.

I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this to you before @RichardsUsername I might well have. It’s obviously very important you check any supplements are compatible with your medication, but there are some supplements that might help. However, please do check they’re compatible:

One is Alpha Lipoic Acid. You have to take a largish dose and it’s not cheap, but it’s prescribed for neuropathy in Germany. Also, benfotiamine (a special form of vitamin B1) and other B vitamins can help. For the Alpha Lipoic Acid, it’s best to build it up slowly - ie one 200mg tablet a day for a week or so, then two tablets, then 3. You’ll see they’re expensive but they do help.
I definitely take a look thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back