Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s incredibly frustrating tbh. The pain is constant and it is truly debilitating. But it is getting better. I’ve noticed that I’m at least sometimes now able to walk without throwing my hip quite so far out of alignment as was initially the case, and yesterday I walked a whole KM without any additional discomfort in the foot itself. By the time I’d gotten back home again though it was time to RICE. That said I’ve also not taken painkillers for a week I think so that’s a definite sign of improvement.
That’s good progress. How’s it feeling now?

That’s good progress. How’s it feeling now?
Went to physio Thursday morning. He’s referred me for an ultrasound. He’s almost certain that it was snapped but with some residual strands of tendon remaining in place.
He was taking potential surgery but said we’ll know more after the ultrasound. That’s going to be done at a clinic away from a hospital but if they determine it’s warranted then there will be a further consultation and full on ultrasound at hospital.

It’s painful pretty much all the time unless I’m dosed up with painkillers.

I’m glad your being seen, hopefully your appointment is too far off and you can get to treatment soon.

Take care

Prompted by @Chris Hobson on the thread here https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/where-is-everyone.103086/ a quick update on how things are going for me. I've decided to make my target being able to do a 25 minute 5k so, after checking with my crack team of advisors (aka youtube) I've settled on doing four runs a week. One interval session (trying to up the speed I can do), one gentle speed longer (currently at 10 miles) and a couple of gentle shorter runs. The idea being that the gentle ones gradually build aerobic capacity that mean I can keep speed going for longer. That's the plan anyway. I've not really put it to the test so far and avoided going all out to see how quick I can do - that might have to wait until next year now and just keep things on an even keel over the Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back