Review yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh don't worry, I don't always read stuff right when I am tired. Yes, I know it's a bit risky. I'd quite like to be referred back to the proper Endo who I saw initially, but I'll give it 3 months. Prior to asking to be referred to him years ago, I did quite a lot of research into thyroid conditions, but I confess I have forgotten a lot of the ins and outs. I've had to fight so many battles since regarding medication. Getting them to treat B12 properly is a nightmare!

At the moment I'm on a crusade to get our surgery to allow us to have our test results online.

Good luck with that. I have a crusade ongoing at the moment myself. (I'll spare you the detail.)

Patti, do you sit on your practise's PPG? If not, it could be a worthwhile step. According to NHS England, this is their view of a PPG:

"....A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of people who are patients of the surgery and want to help it work as well as it can for patients, doctors and staff. The NHS requires every practice to have a PPG....."

Yes, I do sit on the PPG, have for years. Until recently I was minutes secretary and it looks like I will be again from the next meeting. The old Practice Manager was very good and very pro-PPG, he got various people to speak to us, like the local pharmacy manager when the new “spine” system came in. He left to live in Australia and a youngish woman took over. She regards the PPG as a necessary evil. She resents the meetings as she has to work until 7pm and can’t be at home with her children. She would like us to be a fund raising group, but as we have pointed out, making money giving coffee mornings isn’t the reason we exist. She dislikes anything that might cause her any work at all. So she was doing the minutes and “slanting” them to say what she wanted them to. I have pointed out errors and omissions in the minutes and also on the practice website numerous times and she does nothing about it. It’s all becoming rather political I am afraid. It’s a bit of a minefield and the chair resigned at the last meeting because she had become a nervous wreck over the meetings. Shame as she is a nice woman and we have become friends. So the chair has been taken over by the Practice Manager temporarily until we can have another meeting.

i shall just keep on nagging about the online test results meantime.

Yes, I do sit on the PPG, have for years. Until recently I was minutes secretary and it looks like I will be again from the next meeting. The old Practice Manager was very good and very pro-PPG, he got various people to speak to us, like the local pharmacy manager when the new “spine” system came in. He left to live in Australia and a youngish woman took over. She regards the PPG as a necessary evil. She resents the meetings as she has to work until 7pm and can’t be at home with her children. She would like us to be a fund raising group, but as we have pointed out, making money giving coffee mornings isn’t the reason we exist. She dislikes anything that might cause her any work at all. So she was doing the minutes and “slanting” them to say what she wanted them to. I have pointed out errors and omissions in the minutes and also on the practice website numerous times and she does nothing about it. It’s all becoming rather political I am afraid. It’s a bit of a minefield and the chair resigned at the last meeting because she had become a nervous wreck over the meetings. Shame as she is a nice woman and we have become friends. So the chair has been taken over by the Practice Manager temporarily until we can have another meeting.

i shall just keep on nagging about the online test results meantime.

You have meetings? There's posh. Don't start me!

You have meetings? There's posh. Don't start me!
Ooooh... you don’t? We used to have proper meetings every 3 months. We’ve had 2 online meetings since 1st lockdown. One on Zoom and one on MS Teams. As most are elderly it has been somewhat of a tech challenge taking up the first 15 minutes.

Ooooh... you don’t? We used to have proper meetings every 3 months. We’ve had 2 online meetings since 1st lockdown. One on Zoom and one on MS Teams. As most are elderly it has been somewhat of a tech challenge taking up the first 15 minutes.

We've had one (which I pressed and pressed for) since late 2019. The one we "had" nobody from the practise staff attended. Needless to say, pointless covered it, although offensive was in my mind.

I have been pressing again, and getting nowhere. I'm deciding on my next step, which is unlikely to be comfortable for any party.

Don't start me. You know it makes sense. Neither of us have enough life for the monologue that could so easily ensue. 🙂

Well, they want the payments for having a PpG but not the bother of one.

Well, they want the payments for having a PpG but not the bother of one.

I know every practise must have one (and that it be representative, etc), but I didn't realise it was a monetised function.

Thank you for that little nugget, Patti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back