Remission

julieanna2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
My doctor wants me to do a new trile to try kick me bk into remission it's just having shakes and soups anyone tried it and did it help or work....

I'd say that a test 2 weeks after diagnoses does little other than confirm the first one. Your next one will be much more useful and from the sounds of what you've done so far, I'd hope you have a good reduction.
As for is it normal to be desperate to be healthy, no, of course not. Good on you for the weight loss and the drive to improve your health.
Hi my blood test said 78 then was took to hospital I am cutting down alit trying to help myself but been put on 4 insulin tablets aday I worry all the time but I am bedbound so can't do mu h exercise x

There are a number of threads on the forum @julieanna2 This is the first one I thought of:

But there are others too.

Hi my blood test said 78 then was took to hospital I am cutting down alit trying to help myself but been put on 4 insulin tablets aday I worry all the time but I am bedbound so can't do mu h exercise x
Welcome to the forum
Would you like to say a bit more about your diagnosis, the 78mmol/mol will be the result of an HbA1C test and it puts you well into the diabetic zone.
The medication you have been prescribed will not ne insulin as that is something which is injected not a tablet.
If you confirm what your medication actually is then people can help with advice as not all dietary approaches will be compatible with some medication.
Foods to cut down on will be carbohydrates so not just sugar but starchy foods like potatoes, bread, rice, pasta as well as the obvious cakes, biscuits, sugary drinks including fruit juice.
Diet is more important than exercise and there are many people here who have challenges in that respect. There are seated exercises on the NHS web site which may be suitable as it is all about moving a bit more as that can help.

Welcome to the forum
Would you like to say a bit more about your diagnosis, the 78mmol/mol will be the result of an HbA1C test and it puts you well into the diabetic zone.
The medication you have been prescribed will not ne insulin as that is something which is injected not a tablet.
If you confirm what your medication actually is then people can help with advice as not all dietary approaches will be compatible with some medication.
Foods to cut down on will be carbohydrates so not just sugar but starchy foods like potatoes, bread, rice, pasta as well as the obvious cakes, biscuits, sugary drinks including fruit juice.
Diet is more important than exercise and there are many people here who have challenges in that respect. There are seated exercises on the NHS web site which may be suitable as it is all about moving a bit more as that can help.
My initial reaction was the same as yours - insulin is by injection, not tablet. Then I read about some research in 2019, seeking a way to give insulin by tablet. So no idea how this has progressed, but I would guess, as we haven't heard about it, there is probably no authorised insulin tablet. Julianna2, is your medication Metformin? That is the first medication for Type 2 diabetes. You normally start with one tablet a day and build up to 4 a day over a period of weeks, to allow the body to adjust.
During lockdown, when I couldn't get to the swimming pool, I exercised lying on the bed - stretching, twisting, raising and lowering my arms and legs. Could you manage that?
If you are bedbound, how is your food provided? You will probably need to talk with your provider to modify your diet.
Best wishes

Hi I was on metforum but my body didn't agree with it so they put me on gliclazide doc said was an insulin tablet and have to eat within half an hour of taking it Yr I had to build up to 4 my partner does my food and have cut down and trying to focus on good food I can't sit up and do any exercise as the pain is to much I am waiting for numbing injection off pain team for my leg hip and bottom of my back I ripped my hamstring off my hip bone yrs ago but the surgery didn't work

Gliclazide isn’t insulin. It is a medicine that causes the pancreas to release insulin.

Ah right see my doc didn't explain that I feel like if have to figure things out on my own like when I done my finger prick last night to get a reading mine went up to 15.7 and didn't no what to do as couple of weeks ago I was so ill and my reading was 18.5 I just dono who do

When docs took a bloo6test they said my sugar levels were 76 or 78 can't remember x

When docs took a bloo6test they said my sugar levels were 76 or 78 can't remember x
The blood test the doctor would have taken would have been for the HbA1C test which is basically an average of your blood glucose level over the previous 3 months and at 76mmol/mol would put you very definitely in the diabetic zone. Metformin is normally the first medication prescribed but some people do not tolerate it well so other options are tried one of which is gliclazide which indeed encourages the pancreas to produce more insulin in response to food in particular carbohydrates which is why the advise is to take 30min before eating to give the pancreas chance to get a head start in producing insulin. However if your carb intake is too much then that insulin will be insufficient to metabolise the glucose that the carbs convert to and therefore your blood glucose will be too high. That is likely what you are seeing when you use your monitor with the finger prick sample. That is a moment in time and reflects mostly what you have eaten.
The things that can make blood glucose elevated are illness, infection, pain, stress as well as the food you eat.
Something people will do to determine what amount of carbohydrate they can tolerate is test before they eat and after 2 hours when an increase of no more than 2-3mmol/l indicates the meal is OK, more than that the meal is too carb heavy.
With the medication you are on you have to be careful about going for too low carb regime but around 130g per day is usually OK for people on that medication.
To give your husband some ideas for meals you could both have a look at this link to see if there are any changes to be made which would help with your blood glucose levels. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Thank you so much for your reply we will have alook I am also going to ring my doctors in morning to see if they can send a dietision out to help I am a person that can't take in things I read u have to be shown its part of my bpd I can't concentrate much reading my doc told me to eat pasta r bread when my sugar is high but read on here not to do that I don't understand why my doctor told me wrong stuff I need to alo talk to a diabetes nurse never been offered any help

Thank you so much for your reply we will have alook I am also going to ring my doctors in morning to see if they can send a dietision out to help I am a person that can't take in things I read u have to be shown its part of my bpd I can't concentrate much reading my doc told me to eat pasta r bread when my sugar is high but read on here not to do that I don't understand why my doctor told me wrong stuff I need to alo talk to a diabetes nurse never been offered any help
Those are the worst foods you could eat and will only push your blood glucose higher.
Food that are good to base meals on are meat, fish, eggs, cheese, dairy, vegetables, salads and fruit like berries with very small portions of high carb foods like potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, breakfast cereals and the obvious cakes, biscuits and sugary drinks including fruit juice.
The trouble is you may wait a while for a dietician but they may still be tied into the standard NHS advice which can be too high in carbs for many people to tolerate.
Some doctors sadly are not on message with the newer thinking that reducing carb intake can have a huge impact and can for some people be more powerful than medication.

Than you so much for your advice I and I will do test pri k before food and 2 hours after that's good advice never thought of doing it after food

Many found that was a valuable way of finding out not only what meals were too high in carbs to be tolerated but also which meals were fine but otherwise may have been rejected.
Because people are able to tolerate carbs differently depending on their gut microflora and metabolism there is no one size fits all and people need to find what works for them. Some people are fine with say 20g carb if bread but not if rice or pasta and for others it will be the other way round which is why testing what works for YOU as an individual is the way to manage your condition.
I appreciate you have a lot to content with so keeping it simple until you get a good idea of what suits you.
Breakfast is often a meal which tends to be very similar each day so getting a few options which work for you and you wouldn't need to test those again. Many people have full fat Greek yoghurt with berries and maybe nuts and seeds or a small portion 15g of a low sugar granola or eggs in any form, some can tolerate a small slice of toast but there is no problem with bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes in any combination.

I done as u advised before food my level was 5.9 then 2 hours after it shot up to 13 I only had bit Sunday dinner 1 rostie I Yorkshire pudding some chicken turnip cabbage carrots and peas with bit gravy and I don't have a big portion

I’ve merged your posts and replies into your existing thread @julieanna2 - hopefully that will make it easier to follow the replies and suggestions forum members are making 🙂

I done as u advised before food my level was 5.9 then 2 hours after it shot up to 13 I only had bit Sunday dinner 1 rostie I Yorkshire pudding some chicken turnip cabbage carrots and peas with bit gravy and I don't have a big portion
This tells you that one or all of the roastie, Yorkshire pudding, carrots and peas could be items causing your blood glucose to rise. More testing at another time will help you eliminate or confirm.

Back