recommendations for securing the freestyle libre in place?

Matt J

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I know @Bruce Stephens! We had a few people at the training who had already been given their sensors and wearing them for a few months. The DSNs and the Libre 'rep' all said that we should put them on our inner arms - we were all shown how to do so when we put them on at the session. They even used the picture of Theresa May as a "what problems can you spot here?" activity for us all to think about. Those who had been wearing them already did say that doorways and crowded corridors can be problematic if you wear them on the outer arm.

I have always worn mine on the inner arm, without any pain or issue. The only problem I and many other sensor users have is the over sticky sensor. It can be tricky to remove it and I have heard of people having to use rulers or spatulas to try and pry them off after the 14 days! (not recommended!!!)

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have always worn mine on the inner arm, without any pain or issue.
I'm quite willing to believe I was just unlucky (people have reported the same sorts of issues on the outside of their arms). (But the outside of my arm seems to be working fine for me (after a couple of years now) so I'll just stick with it.)