Recently diagnosed type one needing answers please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok phew.

I have been creeping up from 10.3 since after dinner (2 hours after) to 15.6, to 18.9 now I am 22.6 and feeling very unwell - nauseous and very drowsy

Have had my Lantus background.
Yes am quite the opposite lol my Lantus seems to be working overtime and I have been getting a lot of lows with it which is why I have been reducing it just try and take it easy I remember the days when I was first diagnosed and you just have to stem the flow

Last edited:
Yes am quite the opposite lol my Lantus seems to be working overtime and I have been getting a lot of lows with it which is why I have been reducing it just try and take it easy I remember the days when I was first diagnosed and you just have to stem the flow

I'm sorry to hear that! Think it's trial and error with this condition to find what works for you and doesnt make you feel rubbish! Fine line I guess isn't it?

It's early days for me and I'm definitely just taking each day as it comes and dealing with what's going on level wise but I will be glad to stop feeling nauseous soon as levels gradually get into some sort of normal trend, have had nausea quite a lot so far and no one enjoys that feeling.

Thanks for your support

I'm sorry to hear that! Think it's trial and error with this condition to find what works for you and doesnt make you feel rubbish! Fine line I guess isn't it?

It's early days for me and I'm definitely just taking each day as it comes and dealing with what's going on level wise but I will be glad to stop feeling nauseous soon as levels gradually get into some sort of normal trend, have had nausea quite a lot so far and no one enjoys that feeling.

Thanks for your support
Yes very true it's hit and miss pretty much I wish it would stay stable all the time but that's asking for miracles just give it time am sure you will find out what works best for you

Er, whats been said is right - however - nausea is actually very much associated with ketones - have you tested what yours are? - cos sounds to me like you need to. Any of you got a meter that does blood ones? - or even some Ketostix (which aren't the best since wee is 2 hours behind blood at the best of times) but better than nowt and only about a fiver over the counter at a pharmacy.

You really have hit the nail on the head! So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Having family experience of it just isn't the same as it happening to you - it's hard, and there is no shame at all in how you're feeling.

Nausea and high bloods go hand in hand unfortunately. As you get to grips with your control, it will go away again - you won't feel like this forever! X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back