possible swine flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a thermometer from boots last week, it was really difficult to find though

I wonder if argos sell them?🙂Bev

Hi Bev...

Not sure if Argos sell them...But I got one from Boots a couple of years ago..its a digital thermometer, Boots own brand...cost about ?10...I think..
Must say its brill....pop it under tongue...bleeps when its finished reading..gives temp in celsius....

Heidi
x🙂

i aint sure if you have a llyods pharmacy near you sofar but they to do 1 is 6.99 and other 8.99

Blimey, have just dug my thermometer out of the cupboard, phew thats lucky sounds like i wouldnt be able to get one now if i needed too 😱

think its only a matter of time guys, went to pick up script and whilst i was waiting they were dishing out tamiflu right left and centre :(

then again i am a glass half empty kinda person 🙄, good job my other half is glass half full, we would be a right pair!

hope the kids are doing well, and Nikki and partner.

Hi!

Hope your kids are all feeling better!

Is it possible to get the swine flu really mildly? The last time I had any kind of flu it knocked me sideways, but since the middle of last week I've had what I thought was an upset stomach, with a slightly elevated temp, headache, runny nose, sore throat & generally feeling shattered & a bit miserable, slightly tight chested too. I just thought it was a tummy bug & coincidental cold, but I'm wondering now?! Still snotty & sneezy, so wondering if I should even be at work?!! Any thoughts?

Hi Katie!

To be honest he just seems to have a heavy cold - so i am not convinced that he had swine flu, but i suppose its better to be safe than sorry. He is upset that he is missing school though as its his last week at primary.
But he has made it clear that even if i allowed him to go in - he wouldnt want to in case he gave it to someone else!😉

How are your levels Katie - from what i have read on the carb thread you seem to be getting better results? Bev x

Hi Bev I hope Alex feels better soon . 🙂🙂 I am just waiting for my Tamiflu script to be dropped off :(:( I know how Alex feels Im stuck in the house now , saying that I feel too ill to move anyway.

Hi Katie!

To be honest he just seems to have a heavy cold - so i am not convinced that he had swine flu, but i suppose its better to be safe than sorry. He is upset that he is missing school though as its his last week at primary.
But he has made it clear that even if i allowed him to go in - he wouldnt want to in case he gave it to someone else!😉

How are your levels Katie - from what i have read on the carb thread you seem to be getting better results? Bev x

Aww it is a shame he is missing the end of school, i'm glad he doesn't feel tooo bad though 🙂 He is so thoughtful for not wanting to pass it on :D

My levels aren't too bad thanks Bev. Ive basically been keeping an eye on them more, testing more and writing everything down. I'm going to show my consultant my food diary so that he can help me out with any highs and let me know where im going wrong. I really hope my HbA1c is a bit lower when I go!!

Hi Bev I hope Alex feels better soon . 🙂🙂 I am just waiting for my Tamiflu script to be dropped off :(:( I know how Alex feels Im stuck in the house now , saying that I feel too ill to move anyway.

on nooo, do you have suspected swine flu too?? Hope you are ok twin, have your levels gone crazy? xx

on nooo, do you have suspected swine flu too?? Hope you are ok twin, have your levels gone crazy? xx

Yes Im affraid Im hitting the 20's :( And my levels had been brilliant for ages.

My bloody doctor is useless and gave me an appointment to got to the

surgery and then my friend said there was a note on the door saying if you

have any symptoms just phone but stay away! grrrr i phoned and he said

yeah youve got all the symptoms and probably have it but we are not doing

swabs anymore so phone in 24 hours if you're worse!!! ffs .. well I said no as

the NHS doctor told me I had to have Tamiflu as Im high risk of

complications as Im type 1 grrrr . My friends dad is collecting it for me now,

and Im not allowed out for about a week , grrrr Im supposed to be out on

Friday 😡 , And I feel Terrrible ! grrr

Hi!

Hope your kids are all feeling better!

Is it possible to get the swine flu really mildly? The last time I had any kind of flu it knocked me sideways, but since the middle of last week I've had what I thought was an upset stomach, with a slightly elevated temp, headache, runny nose, sore throat & generally feeling shattered & a bit miserable, slightly tight chested too. I just thought it was a tummy bug & coincidental cold, but I'm wondering now?! Still snotty & sneezy, so wondering if I should even be at work?!! Any thoughts?

Yep sounds like swine flu to me. You ahve lots of the symptoms. You don't have to have a massively raised temperature, a small one is enough. Hope you feel better soon. I wouldn't be at work if I was you. 🙂

Yes Im affraid Im hitting the 20's :( And my levels had been brilliant for ages.

Oh no I hope you feel better soon.

hoping you have a quick recovery hun xx look after yourself x

Hi Hun....

Hope you feeling better soon....sending (((((HUGS)))))

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi All

Hope your little one's who have colds or possible/confirmed swine flu...are feeling much better soon.

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Bev I hope Alex feels better soon . I am just waiting for my Tamiflu script to be dropped off :(:( I know how Alex feels Im stuck in the house now , saying that I feel too ill to move anyway.

Sorry to hear your feeling unwell too!:(

I mst say - if A had swine flu - it has cleared up quite quickly - so hopefully yours will too!🙂Bev x

I hope you everyone is feeling better, my partner is getting better and is back at work now, so supect it was either mild case or just a cough/cold.

I hope you everyone is feeling better, my partner is getting better and is back at work now, so supect it was either mild case or just a cough/cold.

thats good to hear! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back