Please tell me im not the only one that does this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the guidelines but thought it didn’t matter whichever way round the guidelines went. Thanks for explaining it

Well you may be right, but my understanding was the evidence was stronger for hypo-busting than A1c reduction.

It might say in the ‘evidence to recommendations’ if you are curious 🙂

The first indication for pump funding is to do with hypos (or fear of hypos) happening unexpectedly despite your best efforts.

But yes, there is a second indication if you have an HbA1c above 8.5% too (sorry I first heard the TA151 criteria before we changed units!)

1.1 Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII or 'insulin pump') therapy is recommended as a treatment option for adults and children 12 years and older with type 1 diabetes mellitus provided that:

• attempts to achieve target haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels with multiple daily injections (MDIs) result in the person experiencing disabling hypoglycaemia. For the purpose of this guidance, disabling hypoglycaemia is defined as the repeated and unpredictable occurrence of hypoglycaemia that results in persistent anxiety about recurrence and is associated with a significant adverse effect on quality of life

or
  • HbA1c levels have remained high (that is, at 8.5% [69 mmol/mol] or above) on MDI therapy (including, if appropriate, the use of long-acting insulin analogues) despite a high level of care.

i do sometimes get scared to do excise incase i have one even though i havent a few weeks, and kno i can deal with it if i do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back