Please tell me im not the only one that does this

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just appears and me that my body needs exact amounts but i can't do on pens. Ill talk about in another theard.
There are insulin pumps which can be more finely tuned to 0.1 but the guidelines for getting funding for one is quite tight as it involves a certain HbA1C

You need a special code to put into the Libre app to allow you to input half units. I think @Pattidevans might know the code but you touch the cog in the top right hand corner and that takes you into a menu of settings. if you scroll down to the third page you get "professional options" If you select that it asks if you are a health care professional. You can press yes as you are just adjusting it to allow you half units. You then need to input the code which gives you access and which hopefully someone possibly Patti can supply It is something like CAA1 but someone will tell you for sure and you can then adjust it for half units.

As regards dropping you, even if a half unit drops you 3, you are not talking about a whole half unit because some of the snack is taking part of that up but even if the whole half a unit brought you down 3 and you were on 7.something you would still be above 4 and rising due to whatever you ate. But I only suggest that as a possible solution to your problem of levels rising on an evening and if this insulin is a sitting on top of insulin that is already active then I can understand your reticence.

You need a special code to put into the Libre app to allow you to input half units. I think @Pattidevans might know the code but you touch the cog in the top right hand corner and that takes you into a menu of settings. if you scroll down to the third page you get "professional options" If you select that it asks if you are a health care professional. You can press yes as you are just adjusting it to allow you half units. You then need to input the code which gives you access and which hopefully someone possibly Patti can supply It is something like CAA1 but someone will tell you for sure and you can then adjust it for half units.

As regards dropping you, even if a half unit drops you 3, you are not talking about a whole half unit because some of the snack is taking part of that up but even if the whole half a unit brought you down 3 and you were on 7.something you would still be above 4 and rising due to whatever you ate. But I only suggest that as a possible solution to your problem of levels rising on an evening and if this insulin is a sitting on top of insulin that is already active then I can understand your reticence.
Sorry but this has me confused, why is there a code to edit the dosage information for yourself on your own Libre app ?

Well the libre said 6.6 finger pick said 7.1 but like i said i still had dinner insulin active so would rather run the risk of rasing then if going low(like i said its happened before). And im also told to cotous euth that respact.

I did just inject 5 units or levermier rather then 4 though.

It is to enable you to enter half units on the Libre. For some reason they made it a restricted access function so the standard reader is set up to only allow you to enter whole units of insulin. I have no idea why. If you already have access to it then I am guessing your DSN did it for you or maybe it is just on the reader where you don't have half unit access without the code and the phone app gives you half unit access..
This is the app im doing it on

Sorry but this has me confused, why is there a code to edit the dosage information for yourself on your own Libre app ?
I don't know if it is the same for the app as it is for the reader as I only use the reader but the factory setting only allows you to enter whole units of insulin, but it can be changed to allow half units if you go into the professional options function and enter a code. It seems totally stupid that something so fundamental would be restricted to professionals to change, but the code is well known/shared on the forum in order to enable the half unit function.

I don't know if it is the same for the app as it is for the reader as I only use the reader but the factory setting only allows you to enter whole units of insulin, but it can be changed to allow half units if you go into the professional options function and enter a code. It seems totally stupid that something so fundamental would be restricted to professionals to change, but the code is well known/shared on the forum in order to enable the half unit function.
Ah. I just tried on the app and for me half units worked on the app

Ah. I just tried on the app and for me half units worked on the app
I think its more my phone be because it looks likd i should be abble too on the App but no . apears on the key pad

@rebrascora there isn't a code needed in the app for anything but for future reference for anyone needing it for the reader it is CAA1C

@rayray119 I'm not sure how yours looks as not sure what phone you use but here's how I am able to enter half units
1641719477308.jpeg

Sorry, only just seen this, but @Kaylz has given you the correct code.

Thats all i get

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-09-09-20-00.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-09-09-20-00.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 9
It just goes down the next field

Half a unit more would only drop you 1.5mmols and some of that would have been taken up by the Snicker since you were rounding up, so that extra small amount probably would only have dropped you 1mmol and you were already on about 7 by the look of it when you bolused so plenty of room for that extra half unit in my opinion.
This is how much half a unit droped me last night and 6 hours since i last had insullin. I was atound 11 and that half a init correction took me down to around 6

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-09-19-09-10.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-09-19-09-10.png
    104 KB · Views: 7
Looks like nearer 7 to me assuming the dotted line is 6 and it appears to be heading back up. Sometimes Libre predicts it is dropping further than it actually does and then comes back up or did you eat something to bring it back up? But yes I see that half a unit drops you more than you would expect.

Looks like nearer 7 to me assuming the dotted line is 6 and it appears to be heading back up. Sometimes Libre predicts it is dropping further than it actually does and then comes back up or did you eat something to bring it back up? But yes I see that half a unit drops you more than you would expect.
No i didbt strantege because i actuty uped my liermier to 5 last night.

There are insulin pumps which can be more finely tuned to 0.1 but the guidelines for getting funding for one is quite tight as it involves a certain HbA1C

The first indication for pump funding is to do with hypos (or fear of hypos) happening unexpectedly despite your best efforts.

But yes, there is a second indication if you have an HbA1c above 8.5% too (sorry I first heard the TA151 criteria before we changed units!)

1.1 Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII or 'insulin pump') therapy is recommended as a treatment option for adults and children 12 years and older with type 1 diabetes mellitus provided that:

• attempts to achieve target haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels with multiple daily injections (MDIs) result in the person experiencing disabling hypoglycaemia. For the purpose of this guidance, disabling hypoglycaemia is defined as the repeated and unpredictable occurrence of hypoglycaemia that results in persistent anxiety about recurrence and is associated with a significant adverse effect on quality of life

or
  • HbA1c levels have remained high (that is, at 8.5% [69 mmol/mol] or above) on MDI therapy (including, if appropriate, the use of long-acting insulin analogues) despite a high level of care.

The first indication for pump funding is to do with hypos (or fear of hypos) happening unexpectedly despite your best efforts.

But yes, there is a second indication if you have an HbA1c above 8.5% too (sorry I first heard the TA151 criteria before we changed units!)

1.1 Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII or 'insulin pump') therapy is recommended as a treatment option for adults and children 12 years and older with type 1 diabetes mellitus provided that:

• attempts to achieve target haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels with multiple daily injections (MDIs) result in the person experiencing disabling hypoglycaemia. For the purpose of this guidance, disabling hypoglycaemia is defined as the repeated and unpredictable occurrence of hypoglycaemia that results in persistent anxiety about recurrence and is associated with a significant adverse effect on quality of life

or
  • HbA1c levels have remained high (that is, at 8.5% [69 mmol/mol] or above) on MDI therapy (including, if appropriate, the use of long-acting insulin analogues) despite a high level of care.

I read the guidelines but thought it didn’t matter whichever way round the guidelines went. Thanks for explaining it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back