People comments starting to get to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t there some study showing that even non diabetic peoples numbers go up to something like 11 straight after eating before coming back down? Not sure if this is correct
Many of my family have tested, I commonly see 7/8 half hour after food and highest was 9.9 so yes I wouldnt be surprised. Problem is if I ate their meal I would probably be 29.9 lol

Many of my family have tested, I commonly see 7/8 half hour after food and highest was 9.9 so yes I wouldnt be surprised. Problem is if I ate their meal I would probably be 29.9 lol
I suppose it depends on what they are eating as too how long it takes for their own insulin to kick in

so I had a universal credit meeting last Friday. I happened to need to do a blood sugar check while I was there to which person said "are you still trying to get you're blood sugars under control" and I found out at my appointment today they even wrote a note on my file for it.
If that was written then it's in your favour I would have thought as pressure taken off of you to jump into the nearest employment.

If that was written then it's in your favour I would have thought as pressure taken off of you to jump into the nearest employment.
yeah I don't know what was might by the note have I do have a job at the moment but its cause and as and when, but next time I'll try and explain better.

I suppose it depends on what they are eating as too how long it takes for their own insulin to kick in
and I know the people without diabetes can get low blood sugar as well. but their panrces can just give them less insulin its not like we can just take the insulin that we've already taken out.

and I know the people without diabetes can get low blood sugar as well. but their panrces can just give them less insulin its not like we can just take the insulin that we've already taken out.
I think it’s less of the pancreas giving to much insulin and more that intense exercise can lead to a sudden drop in BG.Non diabetic peoples pancreases can probably work out the exact amount of insulin required

This does make me question the 4-7 mmol/L in range

The most recent suggestions (NICE) I have heard would only suggest that as a pre-meal guide. Specifically:

5-7 Before Breakfast
4-7 Before Other Meals

No higher than 9 by 2 hrs after meals.

Plus of course the International Consensus on Time in Range shows that you can spend approx 25% of time above 10 and still have an on-target A1c.

I think it’s less of the pancreas giving to much insulin and more that intense exercise can lead to a sudden drop in BG.Non diabetic peoples pancreases can probably work out the exact amount of insulin required
no i didn't mean the pancreas gave too much insulin but it can handle low blood sugar without the person needing jelly babies other forms of quick-acting sugar. although saying that before i was diabetic after i had an operation i was advised to drink lemon aid to keep my blood sugars up.

no i didn't mean the pancreas gave too much insulin but it can handle low blood sugar without the person needing jelly babies other forms of quick-acting sugar. although saying that before i was diabetic after i had an operation i was advised to drink lemon aid to keep my blood sugars up.
There are certain circumstances in which a non diabetics blood sugar would drop but the liver would release glucose into the blood to raise the blood sugar. I believe this is correct

The most recent suggestions (NICE) I have heard would only suggest that as a pre-meal guide. Specifically:

5-7 Before Breakfast
4-7 Before Other Meals

No higher than 9 by 2 hrs after meals.

Plus of course the International Consensus on Time in Range shows that you can spend approx 25% of time above 10 and still have an on-target A1c.
Ah that’s good to know

Sorry you’ve had to have some of those frustrating conversations @rayray119

Sadly it is unlikely to be the last time. You’ll develop a 6th sense of when to bother explaining and putting them right, and when to just smile and shrug and say ”Well it’s a bit more complicated than that”

Sorry you’ve had to have some of those frustrating conversations @rayray119

Sadly it is unlikely to be the last time. You’ll develop a 6th sense of when to bother explaining and putting them right, and when to just smile and shrug and say ”Well it’s a bit more complicated than that”
yes I also did get at work the other week "don't you get diabetes from eating too much sugar" although to be fair to people I did have some misconceptions before.

yeah, easier said than done to the thing that most bothered me. they felt it was something log. and today the person was like "i think last time you can in you had some health issues with you're blood sugers"

yeah i wish i could tell people at work that because they seem fuss about what they are and fuss anytime I'm out of range either way.

Well we all have problems with blood sugars, it's called diabetes. Seriously man dont worry about it.

Well we all have problems with blood sugars, it's called diabetes. Seriously man dont worry about it.
yes I know I wasn't talking about me I was actually talking about other people at work making a fuss such as supervisors which actually ends up making work fairly difficult considering there already stoping me from doing some things

yes I know I wasn't talking about me I was actually talking about other people at work making a fuss such as supervisors which actually ends up making work fairly difficult considering there already stoping me from doing some things

Good luck hope you get matters sorted my friend.

Are they stopping you from doing things because of your diabetes?

Are they stopping you from doing things because of your diabetes?
well they are stopping me from travelling because of in their words my health. but whenever I'm checking my blood sugar their fussing about the number.

well they are stopping me from travelling because of in their words my health. but whenever I'm checking my blood sugar their fussing about the number.
I think stopping you may be discrimination- I’m not 100% sure

I think stopping you may be discrimination- I’m not 100% sure
it's about "my safety" apparently i think its because when I was diagnosed I got sent to hospital on shift

it's about "my safety" apparently i think its because when I was diagnosed I got sent to hospital on shift
Have you explained to them exactly why you were in hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back