Participants Needed for Professional Doctorate Research for People with Diabetes Type1 and Type2 Views on Barriers to Using Continuous Glucose Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the case for Libre when Abbott have been offering a free trial for as long as I can remember?
I feel the limitation is that the candidates for this trial must have used rtCGM when Libre was a flash CGM until this summer.

Good day Helli,
Thanks for taking the time to read the invitation letter,If you have used the devices before can I recruit you for this research?
Thanks in anticipation

Good day Pattidevans,

Thanks for taking the time to read the invitation letter, any chance I can recruit you for this research?
Thanks in anticipation
Yes, I have emailed you.

Good day Vivi M,
Thanks for taking the time to read the invitation letter, any chance I can recruit you for this research?
Thanks in anticipation
Yes - would be happy to help. I have emailed you

Last edited:
Many wonder why their fasting glucose level remains high when other day time and after meal reading are coming down and for some people that is due the something commonly referred to as Foot on the Floor phenomenon where the liver releases glucose in the absence of food to give you the energy for the day and your organs to function. People find that it can be lower by taking their reading whilst still in bed. Also morning readings are often the last to come down and for some always remain stubbornly highish compared to other readings. There appears little that Type 2s can do about it other than patience.
Thank you for this information. One thing I am doing is to fast in the mornings until my reading comes down below 7. If this is to slow to happen I do 30 swats with weights which usually drops the reading. Also I take a reading before going to bed, and if it is over about 8 I do a series of swats or 10 minutes on an exercise bike which again brings down the reading quite fast. No idea if this is the right approach but it makes sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back