Night sweats and weight loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @Steve 1958 🙂 I hope you reply to more threads. Very useful to hear your experience. Did you have any symptoms apart from the weight loss?

None, really, apart from loss of appetite, I didn't realise that I'd lost that much weight. Once I've had a diagnose, I looked into the symptoms and I don’t think I any of the classic symptoms. Of course your mind races, of what could cause the weight loss, cancer, but my daughter is a sister in a hospital and she told me don't use the Internet. For me the gradual loss of weight was more of concern until the found the cause. About 7 months until they nailed it, maybe the diabetic clinic should have noticed the loss of weight. One good or is it a bad thing was I had to change all my wardrobe .

Hi
First time, I've replied on a forum. I've had T1 for over 35 years and I went to the doctor prior to covid, just to get my medication reviewed, she thought I was skinny, weighed me , just over 9st. But to cut a long story short and numerous tests & scans, my diabetes nurse suggested a test and found that I've PEI now. Now with the right drugs Creon 25.000 4 with every meal I'm now back to 11st. When the diabetic nurse told my doctor, he admitted that he'd not heard of that.
Maybe your dad can ask for that test
Steve

Thanks for adding your experiences to the conversation @Steve 1958

Glad the Creon has worked sp well for you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back