Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rybelus semaglutide
I haven’t had the tablets but had the injections. They should make you feel full / a bit nauseous so that you reduce the amount you eat to lose weight. Eating plainer foods and avoiding high fat foods can help a bit with it.

The injections did nothing for me so I stopped them. How are you getting on with the tablets?

I've been too scared to take them as I have stomach and ibs problems as it is and didn't want to feel worse.

I want to take them but my gut feeling is they will make me worse. I hate stomach problems and pain as it is.

I want to take them but my gut feeling is they will make me worse. I hate stomach problems and pain as it is.
With blood glucose so high I hope you have a means of testing for ketones, urine dip sticks to check when your blood glucose is in the high teens.
Have they said why they will not consider insulin if all other oral medications and diet have not helped.

No they won't give me ketones sticks as they say even though my blood is high I'm still producing some insilin myself. They haven't said why they won't start me on insilin, even when the nice guidelines says I should be. My diabetic team isn't very good here and they gave me someone who use to be a standard nurse who has just turned to a diabetic nurse. I've only ever had ketones once and that was with a pill they gave me 2 years ago.

No they won't give me ketones sticks as they say even though my blood is high I'm still producing some insilin myself. They haven't said why they won't start me on insilin, even when the nice guidelines says I should be. My diabetic team isn't very good here and they gave me someone who use to be a standard nurse who has just turned to a diabetic nurse. I've only ever had ketones once and that was with a pill they gave me 2 years ago.
You can buy ketone urine test strips pretty cheaply at the pharmacy £5 or so for 100 or from Amazon.
Have you had the C-peptide test to see if you are producing insulin and how much.

It doesn't ring a bell that gest but they said I'm insilin resistant and that ketones don't happen to that type, it's just insilin depend people it happens to. So they say, anyways.

It doesn't ring a bell that gest but they said I'm insilin resistant and that ketones don't happen to that type, it's just insilin depend people it happens to. So they say, anyways.
Although more common in People with Type 1 or undiagnosed Type 1 it is still possible in Type 2 especially if your blood glucose is high.
It is worth knowing what symptoms to look out for.

I have to admit I am scared of getting that again as it was one of the worste times in my life. Was in hospital for days and so Ill. Never want to go through that again. I'm also just going to take that pill tomorrow as I won't get better without it and although I'm scared of what may happen, I am also more scared of diabetes running bad for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back