Nearly cured again

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's annoying northe :( Hopefully you'll work out your new requirements soon. You'll have to go to Australia to miss the winter like me! :D

When I got to work and test I was 18.1 :( Very annoying, it's the first time in ages ive been that high in the morning. Pretty sure it was dawn phenomenon.

Oh dear, it looks like I'm certainly getting the better part of the diabetes deal Katie, hope things settle as the day progresses. And hopefully, Oz will be good for you! Very tempted!🙂

Hi Northe, it's good it's still going down? But a pain when you wnat to carry our 'normal activites' (running) and you have to start over again with working doses/carbs out. Hope it settles again soon for you. 🙂 Lucky Katie - never been to Oz myself...

Soon you'll be on no lantus at all! Just curious have you ever forgotton to take your lantus at night? Wonder how high you would be in the morning if you took no lantus. I'm not suggesting it at all, just wondering.

I think you are doing the right thing though, you always react quickly to changes and adjust your insulin to meet your needs.

Oh dear, it looks like I'm certainly getting the better part of the diabetes deal Katie, hope things settle as the day progresses. And hopefully, Oz will be good for you! Very tempted!🙂

I came down at lunchtime to 8.0 🙂 and I even had a chocolate bar after lunch and was down to 5.4 in the evening :D Ive had a cold all week but I dont think it has affected my levels much?! I had a 20 at one point but that was it.

How are your levels now northe?

I came down at lunchtime to 8.0 🙂 and I even had a chocolate bar after lunch and was down to 5.4 in the evening :D Ive had a cold all week but I dont think it has affected my levels much?! I had a 20 at one point but that was it.

How are your levels now northe?

The lantus reduction seems to be holding me above hypo levels - woke to 5.3 this morning. I've reduced my Novorapid today - but was still down to 4.2 before lunch - will be interesting to see what my level is before my evening meal. If I took my last 5 readings and added them up, it would be just slightly higher than your 20!😱

The lantus reduction seems to be holding me above hypo levels - woke to 5.3 this morning. I've reduced my Novorapid today - but was still down to 4.2 before lunch - will be interesting to see what my level is before my evening meal. If I took my last 5 readings and added them up, it would be just slightly higher than your 20!😱

yeah that sounds pretty good 😉 So far today ive been 6.8, 5.9 and then 10.6. The 10.6 is really annoying because I took my NR 30mins before my food, grr! sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes it doesn't. I guess I havent really done much activity this week, but I am ill! :D

Hi Katei - me too, but I'm finding it is pushing my levels up. Hope all is ok for you to run now Northe.

Hi Katei - me too, but I'm finding it is pushing my levels up. Hope all is ok for you to run now Northe.

Hoping to go out tomorrow morning - I've held off because of the unexpected lows as I find it impossible to tell if I'm going hypo whilst running - the symptoms are what you get from running anyway! I was 4.3 before evening meal, so I guess I reduced my lunch NR pretty accurately. I need to learn how to run a bit higher though, guess I'm too cautious with the reductions still. Going to stick with 6 lantus though as that seems to have worked the past few nights.🙂

Wow 6! I vaguely remember you dropping previously from 20 something? that's quite a difference, but yes, I think perhaps you are a little cautious and can afford to relax a little? Forecast here is rain tommorrow, but I hope you get some dry patches and enjoy your run. Haven't run since last Thursday week because I have cough and cold, but hopeuflly back on track next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back