Nathan's Retina Screening

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had this conversation on the other email group, thats why I know. There was a huge discussion about it not long ago.

Jessica is much better today. She is off school anyway as there is swine flu at the school and whilst it may be a good idea for her to have it and build up the antibodies, I'm not going to put her in harms way deliberately if you know what I mean. My sister is worried about taking her daughter (with me and Jessica as well) on the tube later in the week but as far as I'm concerned what can we do, stay at home all the time !! Boring and for how long !

Jessica has a stinking cold and a hacking cough so all fun here, otherwise she is fine. We have just watched Harry Potter 1. Have the rest to watch soon. We've seen them all before and went to the cinema last week for the latest one which we loved but it has started the craze again in my house!

Hi Adrienne...

I'm really pleased Jessica is feeling much better today...and hope the cold and cough soon go....
Yes I'm taking Nathan to see the new one as soon as the crowds have died down a bit.....I cant wait...think I'm more excited than Nathan........:D
I'm like you in some ways...I would, if Nathan gets swine flu would much prefer him to build up his own antibodies towards it....but my initial feeling may change if he is diagnosed.
As you say we cannot spend the next however long locked away...in order for us not to contract it.

Heidi
x🙂

Hi Heidi

Glad all went ok in the end for Nathan's eye check. Bless him! He is a good lad.

My son did not have to have drops and i was told that children do not usually have to but i guess it just depends on the invididual. The most important thing is that Nathan had what was best for him and what gave the most accurate results, which in Nathans case were excellent! Well done Nathan!
x 🙂 x

Just got back from my appointment. Last time I went I had a 'blot' in one eye, now I have a blot in both it seems (they were tiny thank god). It's mild & non-proliferative and it said not to worry, just try to get as good control as possible. I think I really need to get my blood pressure down to a perfect level, so i'll talk to my doctor about that, urgh!!

Just got back from my appointment. Last time I went I had a 'blot' in one eye, now I have a blot in both it seems (they were tiny thank god). It's mild & non-proliferative and it said not to worry, just try to get as good control as possible. I think I really need to get my blood pressure down to a perfect level, so i'll talk to my doctor about that, urgh!!

Hi Katie...

Glad things went ok for you today..and that you have been reassured not to worry...xxx
Blood pressure will affect your eyes...regardless of being diabetic or not....go and see the doctor as soon as poss..hun....ppppplllleeeeaaasssseeee......

Heidi
x🙂

Ive got an appointment for thursday and a list of things to talk about (it's a double!) :D Thanks Heidi xxx

hi katie pleased to hear its nto to worry about , good luck for thursday hun x

Ive got an appointment for thursday and a list of things to talk about (it's a double!) :D Thanks Heidi xxx

Hi Katie..

Nice one...xx....hope you didnt think I was nagging....lol.....sorry its the mam in me...lol🙂

Heidi
x🙂

Oh, so pleased it's nothing to worry about Katie! What is your blood pressure, so you know? Mine was high last time I went to the docs, although she didn't increase the meds I am on.

I have my eyetest tomorrow morning and I CAN'T find my flippin' sunglasses anywhere!!! The test is early too, so I don't have time to go and buy some before hand. Perhaps I can find a white stick for the journey home...:(

Oh, so pleased it's nothing to worry about Katie! What is your blood pressure, so you know? Mine was high last time I went to the docs, although she didn't increase the meds I am on.

I have my eyetest tomorrow morning and I CAN'T find my flippin' sunglasses anywhere!!! The test is early too, so I don't have time to go and buy some before hand. Perhaps I can find a white stick for the journey home...:(

Hi Northerner....

Hopefully you wont need the drops..you'll find your sunglasses when you don't need them....lol....Hope all goes well for your eye test tomorrow

Heidi
🙂

hi northener hope all goes well for you tomorrow x

Hi Northerner....

Hopefully you wont need the drops..you'll find your sunglasses when you don't need them....lol....Hope all goes well for your eye test tomorrow

Heidi
🙂

I'm hoping for a gloomy day - sorry if you live in Hampshire! I'm not in the best of moods today as I have been trying to install a new wireless modem router and Vista is giving me some of the most meaningless and unhelpful error messages and 'Help'. Utter crap! I'ts been sending my levels high all day, so I didn't need the sunglasses to go walkabout as well!

Rant over...😱

I'm hoping for a gloomy day - sorry if you live in Hampshire! I'm not in the best of moods today as I have been trying to install a new wireless modem router and Vista is giving me some of the most meaningless and unhelpful error messages and 'Help'. Utter crap! I'ts been sending my levels high all day, so I didn't need the sunglasses to go walkabout as well!

Rant over...😱

goodness me northern take a deep breathe and chill out !

Sounds very similier to what my o/h was doing saturday he got so mad it is now sitting in the box on top of our wardrobe he just could not figure it out

goodness me northern take a deep breathe and chill out !

Sounds very similier to what my o/h was doing saturday he got so mad it is now sitting in the box on top of our wardrobe he just could not figure it out

I'm not surprised steff - I have decided that the best thing is to walk away from it for a little while!😱:D

Have You Tried Copy And Pasting The Error Message Into Google , Maybe Find A Tech Forum And See If Any One With Alot Of Knowledge With Thiese Kinds Of Things Can Give You Abit Of Help, Beware Of Certain Sites That Will Say You Need There Particular Software To Clear Up The Issue When You Dont There Just Trying To Con You, If It Is A Adware Or Virus Related Issue And A Tech Forum Advises You To Download Something To Clear It Up 99 Per Cent Of These Are Free And Your Normally Ok To Proceed .

Last edited:

Ive got pre-hypertension, the doctor cant prescribe me a years supply of certain things if it's high 😱 Well you are in luck Northe, it is horrible today! sorry Nikki.

Edit: had to change this as I was rather drunk when I wrote it 😉 I did enjoy: "but it was a horrible day of cloudy skies and rain" though.

Last edited:
Edit: had to change this as I was rather drunk when I wrote it 😉 I did enjoy: "but it was a horrible day of cloudy skies and rain" though.[/QUOTE]

I love going on the PC when i've had a few!!!

I had missed this thread.. damn that i read it... you all told me that the drops were fine! i've got to go on Monday!

I would have said the same to my child, harsh but it worked, you won because he had it done, he won because it was his choice.. bargaini! x

Julie x

I love going on the PC when i've had a few!!!

I had missed this thread.. damn that i read it... you all told me that the drops were fine! i've got to go on Monday!

I would have said the same to my child, harsh but it worked, you won because he had it done, he won because it was his choice.. bargaini! x

Julie x

lol, I totally forgot that I came on here 😱 I also phoned people I shouldn't have eeek! I only know that because they just text me 😉

I had my appointment yesterday and had to have the drops. They are fine, they just sting a little at first but as soon as they are in and you close your eyes it stops stinging! so not bad at all 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back