My first Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to thank you all for your responses.

There's 6 weeks till Christmas so things might change between now and then but i'm going to try to go for C, and try my hardest to avoid B🙄 but you just know what's going to happen, lol!!

I got my birthday a week before xmas and thats bad enough my uncle rang me on Tuesday and said to me pick the biggest bar of choccie and i will buy it for your birthday (of course he was joking and he can be a git ) but i do usually get choccie of my ol gran and i feel bad she is 91 telling her to not get me them , so me thinks ill stay stchum and give them to the lad

definitely B 😉 i'll inject 100 units at the beginning of the day and eat eat eat!

(i wont really)

A, B, or C?? Depends on my mood probably!! Last year was my first crimbo, I thought I ate laods to cover the booze, but I was hypo'ing all day! Hadn't really got to grips with carbs by then! By new year I was better I drank enough (😉)but also ate an enormous amount of carbs to soak it all up the cheese and biscuits biscuits were my savior!!:D

This year will be my 22nd diabetic Christmas.
I am mostly in the 'C' camp, although a little in the 'B' camp as well, it is only once a year after all.

This is my first Christmas diabetic (and also my first since joining WW) so as I am doing good with my weight loss (34lbs and counting)... I will be a complete angel and will be treating it like any other day of the year. 🙂 My family know not to buy me any sweets/chocolate :D

My Dad has type 2, diet & exercise controlled, so he'll have to cut back a bit on what he would like to eat, but as I'm type 1, I can eat what I like and cover it with insulin. Actually, I reckon my sister and neice, who both have gluten intolerance, have more problems with food overall than me. Not sure whether or no we'll be together for Christmas, as it depends on our lifestock commitments (cat can travel with us, ducks can't!), integrating with partner's Dad etc.

I'm with copepod, I eat what I want at Christmas and cover it with insulin.

Katie I take 100 units a day of Novorapid normally so I will need to connect a direct line to my cartridges on Christmas :D

John.

I'm with copepod, I eat what I want at Christmas and cover it with insulin.

Katie I take 100 units a day of Novorapid normally so I will need to connect a direct line to my cartridges on Christmas :D

John.

lol, at least 200 units for you then :D

the bit im worried over is the pudding after the xmas din dins, in the past it has been a case of mince pies for him and for me and son yule log, i think im preety savvy and can suss out how to handle the savoury side its the sweet i'm thinking :confused::confused: pver

brilliant thread i will be good over christmas 🙂 but my hardest time is at night when the kiddies have gone to bed and i watching some old movie on the telly and the kiddies selection boxes are calling out to me i with just have to get the hubby to hide them 😉

brilliant thread i will be good over christmas 🙂 but my hardest time is at night when the kiddies have gone to bed and i watching some old movie on the telly and the kiddies selection boxes are calling out to me i with just have to get the hubby to hide them 😉

ditto twinnie I will have to tie my hands together lol but i best not o/h might get wrong idea 😱

I survived christmas!

Last year was my first diabetic christmas. I was worried but it turned out ok.(well, except having to take my granddad to A&E with constipation...but heck, it's not a Torode family christmas without a trip to hospital. Last winter was the worst though, three months, three family members, four trips to A&E in two different hospitals...sure it's funny now...) My Mum made a low fat, low sugar christmas pud last year and it was great! She got the recipe from a newsletter from Marie Curie Cancer Care (she's a charity shop manager). She also made a low sugar cake, but that didn't turn out so good, new recipe this year from "The Big Diabetes Cookbook" so we'll see if that's any better. Mince pies are my big problem (since my mother managed to ration off all the chocolate...) but my brother, bless him, made up a version of rum butter containing no butter and no sugar (but lots of rum..).
I also issued a ban on any presents that in any way refered to "diabetes", i might relax that a bit this year.
I tested quite a lot (for me, i've kind of given up pestering my doc for strips) and found that things were ok. My HBA1c still droped quite nicely by the time i was tested in Feburary. Most of the pros in my area advise plan B, one or two days of indulgence arn't gonna do you any harm. Besides, it's a good excuse to make off with all the sprouts....

Rachel

cheers ratchel sum good ideas there , gosh I hope this xmas is a little less hectic for you 😱😱

ditto twinnie I will have to tie my hands together lol but i best not o/h might get wrong idea 😱

pmsl i got a cupboard full of treats and sweet that i have got in for xmas my hubby put a lock on it hes says it so the kids cant find there xmas presents {as there are in there too} but i think its to stop me eating everything i got a tub of mini cheeders in there i can hear them now going vickie vickie come and eat me lol

pmsl i got a cupboard full of treats and sweet that i have got in for xmas my hubby put a lock on it hes says it so the kids cant find there xmas presents {as there are in there too} but i think its to stop me eating everything i got a tub of mini cheeders in there i can hear them now going vickie vickie come and eat me lol

pmsll well our warddrobe in bedroom gets all the stuff put in it and cos he is 6ft3 he has no probs getting to it where as i cant actually see the top of it , so i think im not sure but he has stashed away a box of hariboes and some galaxys , he says coz there for lads stocking filler but i reckon the galaxy is just to wind me up

pmsll well our warddrobe in bedroom gets all the stuff put in it and cos he is 6ft3 he has no probs getting to it where as i cant actually see the top of it , so i think im not sure but he has stashed away a box of hariboes and some galaxys , he says coz there for lads stocking filler but i reckon the galaxy is just to wind me up

i tried that last year but my daughter is sooo tall nine years old and she looks down at me i only 5 foot and she manged with the help from her 4 year brother to eat a full tin of sweets and told everybody at school what she was getting for xmas.

i tried that last year but my daughter is sooo tall nine years old and she looks down at me i only 5 foot and she manged with the help from her 4 year brother to eat a full tin of sweets and told everybody at school what she was getting for xmas.

aww sneaky eh! well last year the lads big pressie was a wii and he had to be with me wen i got that , but the rest of the gear was hidden well enuff he is only 8 like , so i think he aint quite sussed just yet wer our hiding places are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back