My experiment with carbs is now over.

I cook veg like cabbage and courgettes and mushrooms with a knob of butter instead of water in the microwave but can also be done in a pan and I cook my omelettes in butter. I tend to use full fat soft cheese in mashed cauli or celeriac. I serve my broccoli with sour cream and chive dip from the deli counter (not the Doritos stuff in a jar) I have just eaten a plate full of broccoli microwaved for 3 mins and served with that dip.
Not sure why Fromage Frais is off your list. What is your problem with that?
Don't forget coleslaw to have with your salads if you like it. It is mostly just cabbage/carrot/onion and mayonnaise so very few carbs in that. It is a staple on my shopping list, usually cheese coleslaw.
Hi

When I looked at the fromage frais it said "with fruit". I did not take that fact in - the ordinary was 6g or so of carbs.

The dietician was probably giving the advice on the understanding that the medics had the Type 2 covered with the correct amount and quality of medication. If a Type 2 can't handle 100 g of carbs a day it sounds as if they are woefully under medicated and/or inactive.

My medics told me to carry on doing what I was doing (<50g of carbs) and were quite happy to stop the medication.

Thanks for the tip but they seem a little expensive.
I agree.
I prefer to make the almond bread and toast it. if the toppings are good it works great.
This is not my recipe but a Freshwells recipe that I use.
In a mug put 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
one egg and beat until combined
Add 50g of ground almonds and 1/2 tsp baking powder. mix well.
then pop a mug with ingredients into the microwave for 3 mins.
I then slice it in rounds and toast it as I think it tastes better toasted.
You can get cheap almonds ground or flour but I just use the ground almonds from Grapetree.
This single portion of bread is less than a pound. I also would only have this once or twice a week. other breads are on there but this is quick simple done in 5 mins.

Back