Meet Up - Southwest: Cheltenham, April 7th 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally W

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Planning a meet up Saturday during the day for the south west area. Would be great if we could get a number together so all welcome!

Would anyone be interested? Likely venue is Cheltenham which has train station.

Date would be 7, 14 or 28 April. During the day to allow for travel.

Please let me know if you are interested and if so preferable date.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you ever have meet ups in the South Wales area?

I don't think there have been any (not in recent memory, anyway) These meets are very ad hoc, and usually started by a couple of members canvassing to see if there is any interest. Why not start a thread and ask?

Hi Edgar, it would be good to see you in Cheltenham. Are any of the three dates suggested better for you than others?

Northerner has suggested the South Wales brigade come to Cheltenham, to swell our ranks.
Thanks Robin. Good idea. I would have thought a few in south west would be on here. Also be wuite good to pick a date so we can plan our diaries too.🙂

7th would be good for me, for the sake of argument, shall we pick that one?

7th April suits me too 🙂
Thinking about a venue, I don't know Cheltenham at all, so will have to leave it to residents! I know meets often use Wetherspoons, as they are reasonable and of a consistent standard, but local knowledge is always valuable. Is there anywhere that's particularly suitable for you, Flower?

Ooo, would love to meet you all Flower, Robin and Sally...I’m a possibility.😉

Ooo, would love to meet you all Flower, Robin and Sally...I’m a possibility.😉
It would be good to meet you, should we pray for the train service to improve? Our end of GWR has been dire recently.

7th April sounds ok to me. Wetherspoons sounds even better although it could be a bit noisy in their pubs but the food is good, so we could meet for lunch? Pleasew ket me know timings etc as we have to plan our journey from Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back