Meet Up - Southwest: Cheltenham, April 7th 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about a venue, I don't know Cheltenham at all, so will have to leave it to residents! I know meets often use Wetherspoons, as they are reasonable and of a consistent standard, but local knowledge is always valuable. Is there anywhere that's particularly suitable for you, Flower?
The Bank House is the better Wetherspoons in Clarence St and breakfast there was surprisingly good. I would avoid the Moon Under Water one. If anyone has another suggestion very happy to go with this. Waitrose is a 5 minute walk and has 3 hours free parking

Of course Edgar. You’re right it can be a bit noisy but when I ate there the food was really good. I will try to se if they’ll book us a table in the corner somewhere, if they do bookings.

As you are coming a distance perhaps you could let us know a convenient time for you and also numbers/names so we can do a list. Thanks. So glad you will make the trip

Of course Edgar. You’re right it can be a bit noisy but when I ate there the food was really good. I will try to se if they’ll book us a table in the corner somewhere, if they do bookings.

As you are coming a distance perhaps you could let us know a convenient time for you and also numbers/names so we can do a list. Thanks. So glad you will make the trip
Can’t possibly be as noisy as our Glasgow meet last June. Unknown to us it was a Scotland versus England footie match! We were huddled round a pillar surrounded by football fans, luckily it was all good humoured and we still had a good natter. Hope you all have a great time, I am gutted to be missing the Glasgow meet next week but am on a DAFNE course, they are great fun and you feel you already have met everyone already. PS top tip, if possible get someone to go about 11ish you will probably be able to get a biggish table in a quieter spot.

Can’t possibly be as noisy as our Glasgow meet last June. Unknown to us it was a Scotland versus England footie match! We were huddled round a pillar surrounded by football fans, luckily it was all good humoured and we still had a good natter. Hope you all have a great time, I am gutted to be missing the Glasgow meet next week but am on a DAFNE course, they are great fun and you feel you already have met everyone already. PS top tip, if possible get someone to go about 11ish you will probably be able to get a biggish table in a quieter spot.
I know what you mean, my first meet was a Southampton one, on a day Saints were playing at home! Good humoured, but somewhat noisy!
I think it's a good idea to start from around 11am, that's been the format of previous ones I've been to. Then people who can get there at that time can bag a table when it's quiet, and people coming for lunchtime can join in as and when they arrive. Then people tend to drift off any time after lunch ( I always seem to look at my watch and realise it's 3 o'clock already and I should get going!)

Just to say - as you asked me about this on another thread, @Sally W - sorry, I won't be able to make it, as I couldn't go into a Wetherspoons, they just wouldn't be accessible for me (I can't cope with noise or with anywhere which serves alcohol). I'd struggle with anywhere in a town near a railway station too.

But glad to see you have a few more people interested now 🙂

Ah sorry to hear you can’t make it but completely understand. I am very noise sensitive too. Well hopefully you’ll manage a meet up sometime in the future. (The train station is just outside the centre but easy to get into)

7th April sounds ok to me. Wetherspoons sounds even better although it could be a bit noisy in their pubs but the food is good, so we could meet for lunch? Pleasew ket me know timings etc as we have to plan our journey from Cardiff.
of course. I’m very happy to have a venue that suits everyone. I know they won’t through out after eating like some of the restaurants.
We can book a time to suit you as you’re travelling.

Yes my wife Margaret and I will be coming if it's stil 7th April. Need to know we have to book advance non refundable rail tickets Is there a private messge facility on this board as we need to exchange phone numbers so we can identify ourselves when we get to the venue. Looking forward to meeting you all

Yes I’ll message you later. I’m at work but will send a message across which you can reply to. Good and glad you and Margaret will be coming

Yes my wife Margaret and I will be coming if it's stil 7th April. Need to know we have to book advance non refundable rail tickets Is there a private messge facility on this board as we need to exchange phone numbers so we can identify ourselves when we get to the venue. Looking forward to meeting you all
Yes Edgar - if you click on 'Inbox' on the top menu bar on the main screen, then click on 'Start a conversation' you can send a private message to other members, and receive them 🙂

inbox.jpg

Edgar before we finalise a venue could you let me know how many will be coming from Cardiff please? Just so we have an idea of size of venue. Thanks

No one else that I know of. Just me and the missus

Just had a count up so far, in no particular order, I make it:-

SallyW
Robin
Flower
Edgar and Margaret
Bloden

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone, That's a good nucleus, with room for anyone who decides later on that they'd like to come.

Apart from Edgar and Margaret do you know who else will be arriving by train?

Just had a count up so far, in no particular order, I make it:-

SallyW
Robin
Flower
Edgar and Margaret
Bloden

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone, That's a good nucleus, with room for anyone who decides later on that they'd like to come.
Do you know of anyone else apart from Edgar and Margaret who will be travelling by train?

Hi all. Northerner sent me a picture of DF which I have laminated for Glasgow meeting as not all of us have met before. I will post it back to him so if you want her to visit you, give him a PM. Hope your meeting is good
Carol

Yep, I’ll be getting the train. Not sure what time yet.🙂
Hi Bloden

We plumped for the Weatherspoons in Clarence St. the aim is to arrive at circa 12 but will get there early to secure a table. The bus stops right outside Weatherspoons. (More detail on this once I’ve been into town). I’m not sure where you’re travelling from but hope the helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back