Medi Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Joe, for that comprehensive and iinformative post! I'm single too, and have had a couple of scary hypos - one of which nearly 'floored' me, but I retained sufficient sense to go to my neighbour for help. I do know what you mean about lack of urgency - this often happens when I am going low. I once got down to 1.9 even though I knew I was falling because I wanted to finish a form I was filling in before treating it. My writing was all over the place and I still didn't act!😱

I have looked into a medi tag last night and i think i have found the one i want i will look into ordering that I always worry for instance when i go away in august that because im away from my local hosi and my local GP that i might panic if something goes wrong , my immediate family know im diabetic but it dont mean everyone else will , I will put a piccie up when i get it , watch this space LOL x

Hi,
They also don't go looking at "pretty" or "subtle" jewellery - they don't have the time to justify this - so they said make it big and bold so it can be seen.

Bloomin' 'eck Joe, you ain't taking no chances! It must be a real worry living alone.

Boo hoo - I've got one of the 'prettier' ones, altho' I've also got a bold, sporty one. also got 'diabetes' on my mobile under ICE (in case of emergency). Was going to put a medicalert sticker into my key fob too.

Thanks Joe, for that comprehensive and iinformative post! I'm single too, and have had a couple of scary hypos - one of which nearly 'floored' me, but I retained sufficient sense to go to my neighbour for help. I do know what you mean about lack of urgency - this often happens when I am going low. I once got down to 1.9 even though I knew I was falling because I wanted to finish a form I was filling in before treating it. My writing was all over the place and I still didn't act!😱

Know what you mean Northe - lowest I've been is 2.9, but I kept putting off testing because I was trying to finish some work on computer. Severly reprimanded myself ( not quite as severe as a house elf)! 😱

I just got myself an SOS Talisman. Its pretty cool, and very obvious a medi tag. 🙂

Good points Joe,

Although they may not inspect every item of jewellry, they are also not blind! So anything is better than nothing even if it is subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back