Medi Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

The idea of having a medialert tattoo sounds good. have just googled it nd there are quite a few people that have them. i did have a bracelet but it wasnt very big and when i left college thought it was a bit minging. might get a tattoo tho its an excuse i think so i can get a new one

stuart

Hi Stuart yes its defo a good idea , I'm getting one in the summer when I move back South . 🙂🙂 I know lots of Diabetics that have had tattoos and have had no problems at all.

Cheers peeps, and thanks runner those glucose carry cases look good, does anyone know of any that hold more than 4??

I've found a cheap medi bracelet in argos for about twelve nicker so I may buy that to get the feel of such an appendage!!

But I do still like the idea of a cuff thingy, but not sure about having my name on display!! is it okay to have all that info on the backside? and just Diabetic type 1 or something on the front, in small letters obviously!!

Thanks again peeps

Keep forgetting to get a medical tag. Not sure where is good for what I want. Currently looking at http://www.universalmedicalid.co.uk/. Not sure what size I should get from them for a bracelet. I think 23cm might just be OK but maybe a little too tight. :confused:
Innit. 😎

Why not get a Tat Marc ?? or get some Bling lol 😉😉

I wear a medic alert dog tag, it has "diabetes-on insulin" on the back. I have onbly had 1 occasion where I needed paramedic help with a hypo, but I was alert enough to tell them that I was diabetic so it wasn't really needed at that time. I wear it just in case I have some kind of accident or bad hypo. Medic alert hold my NOK details and GP etc, so would be easy for them to fidn out my information.

I reckon after reading through here and reading other things i must invest in some kind of medical ID my wallet carries a card with my details but what if im not carrying it on me ,yup a trip to ebay sounds a good idea. cheers

Hi

I registered yesterday, thanks to all for the support. I noticed a few messages regarding Medi Tags.

I do have a medi bracelet which i got from the following website.
www.icegems.co.uk

I think is a great idea, I wear mine everyday and if you looked at it you would'nt think it would be for medical reasons.

I had mine engraved with my name, the fact I am insulin dependant and ICE telephone number.

They do a wide range for ladies, mens and children, well worth alook. If anything happens whilst you out and about at least people will understand whats wrong with you if you hypo.

Best wishes.

Hi,

Like you I'm not a great jewellary wearer. I started with an SOS bracelet but with that on my right wrist and my watch on the left I found typing uncomfortable.

About 4 years ago I found hoopers medi tag. They do a variety of jewellary which is personalised to your medical needs. The bit I liked was they combined the medic alert symbol onto the watch face. On the back is your name, medical concern and if you want a personal reference number which is linked to the medical service so they have instant access to your medical history, next of kin etc. The watches aren't cheap but they combine everything you might need. The medical link is free for the first year and then less then ?20 a year.

As I say, they do bracelets and necklaces as well so might be worth a look.

Andy

Thanks again peeps for your thoughts,

Steff I think you can get free cards for your purse bag etc from your team?

I've gone off the idea of the cheap braclet from argos, and may be opting for this one...
http://www.medicalidstore.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=281

But as it's a "bangle" hmm maybe it's too girly??

Aaaarrrggghhhh I hate this decision!

I considered a watch, but when I get all hot & bothered I often take the watch off, then I'd be buggered!

Thanks again peeps for your thoughts,

Steff I think you can get free cards for your purse bag etc from your team?

I've gone off the idea of the cheap braclet from argos, and may be opting for this one...
http://www.medicalidstore.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=281

But as it's a "bangle" hmm maybe it's too girly??

Aaaarrrggghhhh I hate this decision!

I considered a watch, but when I get all hot & bothered I often take the watch off, then I'd be buggered!

Ive just had a look ,its not girly at all 🙂🙂

thanks addict, but it's an american bloody site grr!!!!

have you looked on Ebay ? they have a wide range of Diabetic jewelry , just look in the Medical section I think 😉

Boo Hoo

I decided to do it! I went online, registered, gave away my personnel details to some american computer.

Then I went to that none girly, girly bangle thing, thought I'd better check the sizes, No way more like a ring than a bracelet! (Okay maybe a slight exaggeration, but too bloody tight)

I've looked high and low for something very similar, if anyone can help, please do!!

Look, here's a foolproof idea that's relatively cheap: Get some of those iron-on transfers that you can print from your computer (normally for T-shirts), add whatever details you want, then iron onto your underwear...

They always check to see that you're wearing clean underwear whn you collapse or have an accident! My mother drummed it into me! So, they're bound to see your details!

And for my next big idea....watch this space!:D

Dont know if this will help but i know a lady that makes fingerprint jewellery, you have a childs fingerprint set in silver, anyway i'm sure that she would make sos items, she does alsorts, dog tags to keyrings, i have a few things from her all great stuff.

I think her website is www.fingerprint-jewellery.co.uk

HTH
Julie x

Northener,

What can I say, except a great big THANK YOU.

Please now close this thread, problem solved.

What took you so long??

Proudspirit, cheers for link I'll have a look.

Cheers Alan, and all.

I'm fed up with not deciding, so tonight with a beer by my side I'm gonna order something!

I'll let you know what I think of it in a bit, and how long it takes me to start wearing it all the time. Should I take it off when I bath!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back