Me and my new Libre Freestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Tonight I start on my new sensor. I hope it's as accurate as this one, Ive had no more than 2 mmol difference from my meter at the worst, it's always lower than my meter. infact their have been times since I've had the nexus , that I've had hypo symptoms and my nexus has been reading in the 6s. So I naturally thought , false hypo, since using the Libre the same has happened a couple of times and my Libre has told a different story. I am going to ask for a new meter.
The other good thing about the Libre is, I'm now reducing my bolus and have reduced basal insulins :D and need two or equivalent, rich tea biscuits befor bed to keep that graph line on an even keel avoiding that red line.
Before I bought this Libre I knew something was wrong but I didn't know what the cause was.
I know I need to bolus earlier for brekky.
Bolus immediately before other meals.
Have reduced basal.
Am reducing bolus except for breakfast
Have a small snack before bed. Trouble is I really don't need the calories.
Believe my body when it's telling me I'm low rather than what my nexus says.
My body definitely thinks spring is here , as I need less of both insulins.
To learn all that, it was definately money well spent
The only downside is, my fingers haven't noticed any benefit yet, but they will, they will :D.
Mind you in a couple of weeks time, my D could change its mind again :D:D

Last edited:
Glad its having a positive outcome for you Lin.

Reactions: Ljc
I meant to put the new senor on two days before the old one ran out just to give it more time to settle in. I forgot , I'm full of good intentions lol. It was only the reader reminding me that prompted me to put on a new sensor a day before.
These sensors sure do stick well,🙂 I had the devils own job getting it off last night. partly because I have some reduced movement in my arms, my right shoulder is slowly unfreezing , about 18 months ago along with my hip, I had a Nasty break to my left Humerus Shh I fell over in a pub car park , I know what your thinking lol, it was before going in not coming out honest! 🙂 which is still slightly stiff. Anyway I did get it off and their was no discomfort at all.
I've only done a couple of comparison readings with my nexus but so far it's reading one or two points below my meter.

I meant to put the new senor on two days before the old one ran out just to give it more time to settle in. I forgot , I'm full of good intentions lol. It was only the reader reminding me that prompted me to put on a new sensor a day before.
These sensors sure do stick well,🙂 I had the devils own job getting it off last night. partly because I have some reduced movement in my arms, my right shoulder is slowly unfreezing , about 18 months ago along with my hip, I had a Nasty break to my left Humerus Shh I fell over in a pub car park , I know what your thinking lol, it was before going in not coming out honest! 🙂 which is still slightly stiff. Anyway I did get it off and their was no discomfort at all.
I've only done a couple of comparison readings with my nexus but so far it's reading one or two points below my meter.
They are the devil to remove, aren't they! I spend the whole two weeks obsessing about it falling off early, even sticking a strip of micropore over it just in case, then when I want to get it off....

They are the devil to remove, aren't they! I spend the whole two weeks obsessing about it falling off early, even sticking a strip of micropore over it just in case, then when I want to get it off....
I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

I had to get my OH to pull off the sensor as the bugger just wouldnt budge!

This new sensor is on my dominant arm, so far the readings between nexus and Libre are even closer than the previous sensor, I know it's early days yet though.

Grrr, just knocked it off, mind you it took a hard swipe on the door jam to do it.

Oh no!
A reason I don't think it would be for me.
My own fault really, I didn't have the sensor right round the back like I should have

I've whacked quite a few on door frames and it has never torn one off - just made them a bit painful for the rest of the time of wearing them! Not sure I'd have much of a conscience where Freestyle is concerned - I'm betting their profit margins are sizeable 😉 (I'm clearly a bad person!)

I am about to order one of these. Does anyone have any info on how well the sensors stick to the skin, especially if you go in the sea.

I am about to order one of these. Does anyone have any info on how well the sensors stick to the skin, especially if you go in the sea.
Just opened my next pack to have a look at the guidance: 'Your sensor has been tested to withstand immersion into one meter (3ft) of water for up to 30 minutes.'

They do stick very securely - I have yet to lose one, despite having knocked them (hard!) and, in one case, having gouged a lump out of it with my razor while shaving my underarms! For long or regular swimming sessions, maybe get some tape or a medical dressing to go over the top to give an extra barrier against the water.

Hi @Jane Sowerby . They stick very securely, I had the devil of a job getting my first sensor off. Though I knocked my last one off with a sideswipe on the door jam it was a fierce swipe. I've not tried swimming with mine but I can confirm Ginny is correct.
Good luck with you're Libre I learned so much from mine, the graph is particularly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back