Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday afternoon was spent in the children eye department at the rvi with my 10 year old she was really good and when we were done she asked to go to Toby Carvery for tea I was horrified but my husband said of course we can go. Before diagnosis I’d go for a Carvery leave all the meat fill up on potatoes and some veg, today I had half a Yorkshire (cos they are huge) good helping of turnip, some carrots, red cabbage, cauliflower cheese, small bit of stuffing, turkey and beef and some gravy. I really enjoyed it and to my surprise my bg before was 5.9 and 2 hours after was 6.8 feel quite pleased when th that

So yesterday afternoon was spent in the children eye department at the rvi with my 10 year old she was really good and when we were done she asked to go to Toby Carvery for tea I was horrified but my husband said of course we can go. Before diagnosis I’d go for a Carvery leave all the meat fill up on potatoes and some veg, today I had half a Yorkshire (cos they are huge) good helping of turnip, some carrots, red cabbage, cauliflower cheese, small bit of stuffing, turkey and beef and some gravy. I really enjoyed it and to my surprise my bg before was 5.9 and 2 hours after was 6.8 feel quite pleased when th that
Glad you enjoyed it. A carvery is probably one of the best choices when eating out, for diabetics! Sounds like you did perfectly to fill up on the meat and veg, and have some carbs in moderation.

It shows with the right choice of food you can stay within normal level, and enjoy your meal.
A visit to NYC a few years ago we felt that we could have just ordered 1 meal between 2 as they were so huge and that is often the case here in pubs where the portion is just too big. Whereas 'fine dining' you need a magnifying glass to see the food.

Absolutely brilliant result all round.
(For the food experience anyway)
Hope your daughter is ok this morning.

I love a carvery - carbs are by NO means compulsory, you can have as much or as little of anything you want, really. So I can have a normal full portion of whichever meat(s) I fancy in the secure knowledge Pete will eat what I can't then whatever veg I want so eg I'd have kale (which Pete won't even try, it's cattle fodder not human food) and I'd happily have turnip though it's usually swede, I'd happily have a Yorkshire with lamb or chicken, I wouldn't have to have cranberry or apple, I could have a couple of roast but NO mash - just wonderful! Oh and of course but not that common - the possibility of some roast lamb which I don't cook at home cos Pete can't stand the smell of it cooking or the taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back