longer acting insulin to livermir more flexable then trisbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The basic thing to know is that smaller doses of Levemir like yours often don’t last 12 hours whereas large doses can last more than 12 hours.

When I take a pump break and use pens, I find I have a similar problem to you. It means no more lie-ins really as you need to get your morning dose in because the evening one has run out or is about to. For the evening problem, you can either adjust your evening meal bolus to help stop any rise, or you can do a tiny correction.

Personally I’d try 5 units in the morning again and have a pre-lunch snack if needed. It’s not unusual to drop before lunch like that, and if you reduce your basal too much to stop it, you’re just fighting highs later in the day and your basal runs out quicker.
5 units was too much even if i did eat before lunch

The basic thing to know is that smaller doses of Levemir like yours often don’t last 12 hours whereas large doses can last more than 12 hours.

When I take a pump break and use pens, I find I have a similar problem to you. It means no more lie-ins really as you need to get your morning dose in because the evening one has run out or is about to. For the evening problem, you can either adjust your evening meal bolus to help stop any rise, or you can do a tiny correction.

Personally I’d try 5 units in the morning again and have a pre-lunch snack if needed. It’s not unusual to drop before lunch like that, and if you reduce your basal too much to stop it, you’re just fighting highs later in the day and your basal runs out quicker.
I dont have lies ever either anymore havent since i was dinosed as i always takem the backroud insullin around 8 evem when i was on trisbia. I dont usally have to a correction as usally sorts it. Slef out

I have my alarm set for 6.30am and inject my Levemir then and usually turn over and go back to sleep for another half hour to give it time to kick in before I get up. I keep my insulin case under the pillow so it is handy and I have perfected the art of injecting in the dark so putting the light on doesn't wake me up too much and make it difficult to get back to sleep.

I have my alarm set for 6.30am and inject my Levemir then and usually turn over and go back to sleep for another half hour to give it time to kick in before I get up. I keep my insulin case under the pillow so it is handy and I have perfected the art of injecting in the dark so putting the light on doesn't wake me up too much and make it difficult to get back to sleep.
Not yet but thry sending me 1 i dont usally have do corrections though as it usally sorts its slef out

It is likely that once you get over the honeymoon period, you will need more Levemir and the larger dose will last longer so chopping and changing at this stage may just confuse things for you, but a half unit pen is definitely a good tool to have when you are using small doses. The fact that you are coming back down eventually suggests that either timing is the issue or your own limited insulin production is bringing you back down. All you can do is the best you can and I think your results are really good at this early stage so I wouldn't worry too much about levels drifting a bit or going higher at some times of the day.... gradually things will become more stable as you gain more experience and your body settles down into a routine and your honeymoon period comes to an end.... but it is never possible to get perfect results for more than the odd day. That is why the Time in Range feature on the Libre is so good, because it gives you a realistic target of 70% and it looks like you are easily achieving that.

It is likely that once you get over the honeymoon period, you will need more Levemir and the larger dose will last longer so chopping and changing at this stage may just confuse things for you, but a half unit pen is definitely a good tool to have when you are using small doses. The fact that you are coming back down eventually suggests that either timing is the issue or your own limited insulin production is bringing you back down. All you can do is the best you can and I think your results are really good at this early stage so I wouldn't worry too much about levels drifting a bit or going higher at some times of the day.... gradually things will become more stable as you gain more experience and your body settles down into a routine and your honeymoon period comes to an end.... but it is never possible to get perfect results for more than the odd day. That is why the Time in Range feature on the Libre is so good, because it gives you a realistic target of 70% and it looks like you are easily achieving that.
I know have more trobule with spiking in morning now but like i said before if i wait any longer then 15 mintues before eating then im starting to drop before eating

sorry i might it still happens in the morning evening though teys less time between that the evening though thats closer to one (i've taken the night before acoring to libre)

i take it around 8 in the morning and between 9 and 10 at night.
Are you saying your levels start rising in the morning before you take your Levemir?
If that is the case, the reason may be Dawn Phenomenon. This is when our helpful livers dump glucose at the start of the day to give us energy to get moving (go hunting and gathering).
This cannot be corrected with more Levemir, unfortunately.

When i was on trisiba i had less time abov

When i was on trisba though i had less time above target

When i was on trisiba i had less time abov

When i was on trisba though i had less time above target
But weren't you getting nocturnal hypos?

But weren't you getting nocturnal hypos?
When i had a busy day yes or was droping and eating to avoid them. which was why i changed to livermir and hence the reason to for asking if was a longer acting one that was more flexable then trisbia.(and i was doing a differnt radtio for each meal i thought but 1 to 15 might still a tad too much in the evening 1 to 20 didnt seem to be enough ill see what happens to tonight and the next day amd then make a decison

I asked at my last apoiment about making decisions about changing things on my own and they said they are happy for me do this

I asked at my last apoiment about making decisions about changing things on my own and they said they are happy for me do this
they actully said i know more then i give myslef cerdit for

1 to 15 might still a tad too much in the evening 1 to 20 didnt seem to be enough ill see what happens to tonight and the next day amd then make a decison

Remember you could try 1 to 16 or 1 to 17 too, or whatever.

Regarding your basal, you could try Lantus but it’s not very flexible IMO

1 to 15 might still a tad too much in the evening 1 to 20 didnt seem to be enough ill see what happens to tonight and the next day amd then make a decison

Remember you could try 1 to 16 or 1 to 17 too, or whatever.

Regarding your basal, you could try Lantus but it’s not very flexible IMO

Well made a mistake with my lunch i supose to give my slef 3 units i only ended somehow doing 5. I did gave more carbs including a few fruit pastels. Might not still be enough but were see dont know how ive done that

Well looks like having somthing to eat with an injection actully might help the issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-20-20-18-41.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-20-20-18-41.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 7
This is why im unsure about sticking to livermir

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-29-08-23-42.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-29-08-23-42.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 7
What did you eat and when @rayray119 ? How do you know it’s the Levemir?
I havent eaten yet as at my sisters so have to wait until they sort things not be ablle to stick to a routine is sort of messing things up a bit

If you are talking about the steady rise starting at about 5am this morning then that is likely Dawn Phenomenon. It looks like you may have room to increase your evening Levemir by a unit or perhaps half a unit depending upon your sensitivity to help with that.

If you are talking about the huge spike at what looks like breakfast time yesterday, that appears to be a timing issue and you need more prebolus time particularly when you when your levels are already high before eating. I wait until my levels come down to mid 5s-6s before I eat breakfast, other wise your levels will spike like that and nothing to do with Levemir, other than perhaps a slight increase in evening Levemir may bring your waking levels down to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back