longer acting insulin to livermir more flexable then trisbia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
/sorry another post just wondering ifs theres a longer acting backroud insullin then livermir but more flexable tran trisbia?

Hi @rayray119 can you explain why you want a longer acting insulin?

Before I had a pump, I used Lantus. It is a once a day basal which lasted about 22 hours so I was able to adjust from one day to the next if exercising. I timed my basal dose so that I could “fill the gap” where it ran out with bolus. This was not ideal but worked for me.
It is also not as flat as the more modern basals so there was a spike after about 5 hours.

Hi @rayray119 can you explain why you want a longer acting insulin?

Before I had a pump, I used Lantus. It is a once a day basal which lasted about 22 hours so I was able to adjust from one day to the next if exercising. I timed my basal dose so that I could “fill the gap” where it ran out with bolus. This was not ideal but worked for me.
It is also not as flat as the more modern basals so there was a spike after about 5 hours.
I was just wondering as i seem to raise inbetween the 2 livermir doses at both ends but its proberlly not so much of a problem

I was just wondering as i seem to raise inbetween the 2 livermir doses at both ends but its proberlly not so much of a problem
Then look at the timing of your injection and the amount you use. It doesn't have to be the same amount for both jabs

Then look at the timing of your injection and the amount you use. It doesn't have to be the same amount for both jabs
Thats the thing evening though the morming closer to the evening one it still happens

Thats the thing evening though the morming closer to the evening one it still happens
you need to translate what you have written it doesn't make sense

you need to translate what you have written it doesn't make sensor
sorry i might it still happens in the morning evening though teys less time between that the evening though thats closer to one (i've taken the night before acoring to libre)
What times are you taking your Levemir and how much morning and evening @rayray119 ?
i take it around 8 in the morning and between 9 and 10 at night.

Ok, so how much do you take? And when do you notice it ‘running out’?

Ok, so how much do you take? And when do you notice it ‘running out’?
4 and 4 because and 5 and 5 i was droping

4 and 4 because and 5 and 5 i was droping

So when does it ‘run out’? I suspect it’s in the evening before your nighttime dose, right? How’s your blood sugar during the day? Have you tried 5 and 4? The two doses do not have to be the same.

So when does it ‘run out’? I suspect it’s in the evening before your nighttime dose, right? How’s your blood sugar during the day? Have you tried 5 and 4? The two doses do not have to be the same.
yeah i thougt so but it seem to raise in morning as well as that was(thats what i ment by either end the libre being silly. i was droping at in before lunch time when i was doing 5 in the day thats why my team sujested 4 and 4.

Thats how todays looked. This evenings highness would also partly due to a hypo i had already tried to prevent by havimg half a cerel bar. But that didnt seem to work in time

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-17-21-19-49.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-17-21-19-49.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 15
What is dose per kilo

If you know your weight in kilos, then you divide your dose into the number of kilos.

Eg for someone who weighs 55 kilos and has a dose of 4 units

4 divided by 55 = 0.07u/kg

Obviously you would have to use your weight, and your dose!

If you know your weight in kilos, then you divide your dose into the number of kilos.

Eg for someone who weighs 55 kilos and has a dose of 4 units

4 divided by 55 = 0.07u/kg

Obviously you would have to use your weight, and your dose!
I still had trobue working it out using the graph

I still had trobue working it out using the graph

The basic thing to know is that smaller doses of Levemir like yours often don’t last 12 hours whereas large doses can last more than 12 hours.

When I take a pump break and use pens, I find I have a similar problem to you. It means no more lie-ins really as you need to get your morning dose in because the evening one has run out or is about to. For the evening problem, you can either adjust your evening meal bolus to help stop any rise, or you can do a tiny correction.

Personally I’d try 5 units in the morning again and have a pre-lunch snack if needed. It’s not unusual to drop before lunch like that, and if you reduce your basal too much to stop it, you’re just fighting highs later in the day and your basal runs out quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back