London / Southeast Meet? Suggested date: 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be up for a London/south east meet. Spring/summer coming, sounds a good idea!

Feeling left out. Anyone for a central London meet. Covent Garden?
Might be a good idea to create a separate thread so more people could see it. @ColinUK might be interested. Even I could potentially attend, work permitting 🙂

Would also like to go to the Glasgow one, would be a long long journey but a great excuse to visit Scotland imo! Will have to pass this one because I already have another travel planned in that date.

I would be up for a London one

I’ve split this into it’s own thread so that those within easy reach of London / SE can compare notes.

Be aware when discussing details that this is a public/open forum that can be read by anyone.

Oooh exciting, I would definitely go to this, what would the plan be when we meet up? Lunch, night out or stay over, I am only 40 mins from London by train, but would love to stay over and do a show or something as well, so many fun things we could do there. Although on my doorstep I dont go that much but always love it when I do.

Oooh exciting, I would definitely go to this, what would the plan be when we meet up? Lunch, night out or stay over, I am only 40 mins from London by train, but would love to stay over and do a show or something as well, so many fun things we could do there. Although on my doorstep I dont go that much but always love it when I do.

Historically forum folks have gathered at a reasonable sized public location (pubs are often good) for a sort of ‘drop-in‘ where people can come when they are able, have food if the timing works, and leave when they need to (to get back for other commitments). of course if there was an appetite for a longer event, even from just a few participants, there’s nothing to stop you arranging an ‘after party’ :D

Ohh am excited that people like the idea unlike the time when i mentioned (whisper it) statins...

Ohh am excited that people like the idea unlike the time when i mentioned (whisper it) statins...
Not certain but I think that maybe people find the idea of a meet up more attractive than statins

I’m about an hours journey into London, so would like to come along. As @everydayupsanddowns said, would a meet up at a largish pub be a good venue/meeting place? Sadly my knowledge of the capital’s drinking establishments is very limited, so I’d leave that choice to others!! Just wonder whether St Pancras/Kings Cross area might worth considering as trains go there directly from both north and south of the river... Just a thought!!

There’s a ‘Spoons actually inside St Pancras station but it’s always ridiculously busy as it’s part of the station itself.

There’s The Lighterman in Granary Sq (so a few minutes walk away from Kings X St P) and just round the corner from that there’s King’s Place (which might look like a massive office block but actually has a decent, large, bar at the back which opens on to the canal).

Has a date been mooted?

There’s another, very relaxed, option and that’s Serpentine Café in the middle of Hyde Park.

Lots of tables outside, food and drink service to the tables, lovely setting. Gets busy though and individual tables seat 6 or 8 but no reservations so whoever got there first would just have to hold a couple of tables.

Great suggestions @ColinUK 🙂

Keeping it fairly close to the station may be helpful if anyone hopes to attend who has mobility challenges.

It always helped @Flower when we met in Bristol that the venue was just next to the train station

I’ve marked this map with three black splodges for locations of ‘spoons (left), Lighterman (top) and King’s Place/Rotunda (right).
I’ve highlighted roughly where the main entrances are to KX St P station in green and the blue lines are pedestrianised routes from the stations up towards Granary Sq and Coal Drops Yard etc.
Thought it might help visualise things.
IMG_0827.jpeg

Is there a date set for this?
It’s only a few hours on the train for me so I might be up for it.

You know I love a spoons.
The one near my London office, Shakespeare head, regularly has Sir Ian McKellen in, a few of my colleagues have seen him at different times.

Is there a date set for this?
It’s only a few hours on the train for me so I might be up for it.

You know I love a spoons.
The one near my London office, Shakespeare head, regularly has Sir Ian McKellen in, a few of my colleagues have seen him at different times.
Of all the ‘spoons in town that’s my least favourite! It’s just so dark inside. Nip around the corner and go to the one in High Holborn. It’s by the entrance down to Lincoln’s Inn Fields. It’s never busy compared to the Shakespeare’s Head and it’s got real actual books in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back